- HarperCollins Introduces Middle Graders to 'Dungeons and Dragons'
“I bought Dungeons and Dragons as a kid and I actually never played it, but I read the books that are in it and loved the covers and the box art.”
- Licensing Hotline: October 2021
The book contains stories from two episodes, “Dug Meets the Puppies” and “Dug Versus Squirrel.”
- The On-Sale Calendar: April 2022
Cover Story by Susan Rigetti (William Morrow, $27.99; ISBN 9780063072053). 50,000 copies.
- The Life Revamp: An LGBTQ Romcom (Original)
Readers will find themselves grinning from cover to cover.
- Mysteries and Thrillers 2021: When Crime Goes to the Country
“When the story can only happen in this controlled environment, with a limited cast,” Osman adds, “the author has to come up with ways to make the story limitless.”In such stories, the lonely-outpost setting can become a character unto itself.
- Stacked: Your Super-Serious Guide to Modern Money Management
With quirky chapter headings (“The Condom Broke and Other Risk-Management Horror Stories”), jokes and cartoons—plus some interjections from Saul-Sehy’s mother—the authors make good on their promise not to take themselves too seriously.
- The Swallows' Flight
Set in the transitional time between the two world wars, covering 1927–1947, this poignant novel follows four young people on the precipice of adulthood amid the challenges of looming conflict.
- Book Deals: Week of October 11, 2021
., Canada, and Germany—tells the story of “a young woman’s self-actualization through a strange physical metamorphosis,” from the perspectives of three people who know her at different stages of her life.
- In Focus: Immigration in Book Publishing
Growing up, there were hardly any children’s books about being Asian American; I’m working on filling that void and acquiring books that cover the full breadth of the Asian American experience.Ramos-Peterson: As a comics and graphic novel publisher whose model is entirely creator owned, we work
- Literary Alchemist: The Writing Life of Evan S. Connell
Paul marshals plentiful evidence that Connell’s work was well received and admired in his lifetime, including his nomination for a Booker lifetime achievement award, and covers his varied bibliography, which included short stories; his critically acclaimed 1959 breakthrough novel Mrs.
- True Crime 2021: What Makes Them Tick?
“Since a lot of the cases I wanted to cover were so haunting, so unforgettable, I was able to jot down those pretty quickly,” Burgess says of writing the book.
- Mountains & Plains Booksellers Celebrate In-Person Show, Return to Denver
This story has been updated as more information became available.
- Follett Addresses New Directions and Challenges at Annual Summit
(PW will cover these sessions in future articles.)
- Rights Report: Week of October 4, 2021
The HarperCollins editions will have refreshed covers for these classic titles.
- Finalists for 2021 NBA in Young People's Literature Announced
As the two travel, visiting national landmarks that connect them to the ghosts of their ancestors, a tender love story unfolds, one that debut author McBride skillfully renders while covering serious topics such as grief and mental health, including suicidal ideation.”