- Cover Reveal: 'Coming Up Cuban' by Sonia Manzano
These come together to create one story of hope.
- Bitter Magic: Inspired by the True Story of a Confessed Witch
I know how to be safe’ ”), clunkily conveying historical information that is more eloquently covered in an accompanying author’s note.
- Scale for Success: Expert Insights Into Growing Your Business
Each chapter covers the entrepreneurs’ personal stories, as well, and conclude with business strategy highlights and each entrepreneur’s definition of personal success.
- Period. End of Sentence.: A New Chapter in the Fight for Menstrual Justice
In “Shame,” she details harrowing stories of period-related embarrassment around the world (in New Zealand and Australia, for instance, more than half of the teenage girls interviewed said they’d rather “fail a school test than have their classmates know they’re on their period”).
- Lessons Learned from a Unique Publishing Journey
She gave me a warm welcome to her team and worked diligently to help us create a book cover that we all loved.
- Four Questions for Ellen Oh
They tell the stories.
- The Independent Publishers Caucus Comes of Age
Jacob Stevens, director of Verso Books, said that with so many different types of presses belonging to the IPC, the meetings have succeeded because of Thorn’s “diplomacy and organization.”Seven Stories’ Dan Simon, one of the cofounders of the IPC, said it has taken some time for members to
- The Beginners
Serre (The Governesses) unspools the story of a love affair in her thought-provoking latest.
- The Grief Handbook: A Guide Through the Worst Days of Your Life
Journaling exercises encourage reflection, such as reframing a loved one’s death as a story of love rather than a story of loss, or cataloging “the things I don’t want to forget.”
- YA Anthologies Bring Diverse Voices Together
She continued from there, asking for stories that came from the contributors’ hearts to create a collection that shows how distinct individual experiences can be, while making a concerted effort to be inclusive of people who live or have lived the fat experience—from the contributors to the editor to
- Lala's Words: A Story of Planting Kindness
“You’re covered in dirt!”
- Unforgotten (Library Edition): The Wild Life of Dian Fossey and Her Relentless Quest to Save Mountain Gorillas
Silvey (Untamed: The Wild Life of Jane Goodall) tells the story of Dian Fossey, who dedicated her life to studying and advocating for gorillas.
- Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be A-Holes: Unfiltered Advice on How to Raise Awesome Kids
She covers such topics as bullies (taking a “kill them with kindness” approach), fostering creativity (embrace mess), and sports (knowing how to lose is key), and slips in touching moments without giving up her lighthearted tone (a story of watching her daughter’s resilience after
- The Key Man: The True Story of How the Global Elite Was Duped by a Capitalist Fairy Tale
The authors detail how, for years, Naqvi misused his company’s money to cover losses and pay for his extravagant lifestyle, which included lavish parties and a 154-foot superyacht.
- Cover Reveal: 'Stuntboy, In the Meantime'
What I’m really trying to do is make a story for the kids, a funny story, but parents can also use this book to talk about ."