- Book's Big Adventure
It wondered if its travels were over,” writes Lehrhaupt (Sloth Went)—that readers may find the story arc more about pity than redemption.
- Spring 2021 Announcements: History
CeladonLast Call: A True Story of Love, Lust, and Murder in Queer New York by Elon Green (Mar. 9, $27, ISBN 978-1-250-22435-4).
- Children's Starred Reviews 2020
“It’s a challenge,” Savage says, “to create a whole story and to fall in love with the characters.
- John Jennings Talks Speculative Fiction and the Debut of Megascope
Our mission is to uncover different voices, to empower them and give agency to writers of color who might not get a shot to tell their stories, and to go find stories that have been covered up by history that aren’t getting the proper attention.
- What’s the Buzz? 'A Cuban Girl's Guide to Tea and Tomorrow'
“So many Cubans have been grateful to see the word Cuban on a YA cover, to see a Cuban girl and a pastelito de guayaba —one of our treasured treats.
- You Don't Belong Here: How Three Women Rewrote the Story of War
During the 1968 Tet Offensive, French photojournalist Catherine Leroy rode a bicycle into the Communist-occupied city of Hue and took the first pictures of North Vietnamese Army soldiers in South Vietnam (the photos appeared on the cover of Life magazine).
- The Spotify Play: How Daniel Ek Beat Apple, Google, and Amazon in the Race for Audio Dominance
Nevertheless, fans of swashbuckling startup success stories will find this one hits the mark.
- Ready to Exhale
David keeps the unusual story moving along briskly.
- Open Road Integrated Media’s Data and Tech Marketing System Can Double Sales
But the heart of our story is that we can do this for so many titles.
- Lisi Harrison Has Two New Series on Deck
This is a grounded story about navigating and surviving middle school.”
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: November 2020
Presented like a classic fairy tale, this is a story of love, hope, humor, and courage.Love’s Labour’s Won: The Secret Life of William ShakespeareWilliam Gray.
- Fostering Bilingual Mexico-U.S. Collaboration
Another imprint, Lateral, covers a wide range of subjects, with many books published in bilingual editions.
- Call and Response: Social Justice Books 2020-2021
In an effort to understand how the public outcry over systemic racism has impacted publishing programs, PW contacted a wide range of publishers, soliciting commentary from editors at big New York trade houses, independent presses, university presses, and self-help, religion, and lifestyle publishers.
- Murder in Canaryville: The True Story Behind a Cold Case and a Chicago Cover-Up
Though it was never officially solved, Sherlock’s dogged police work pretty much makes it clear who killed Hughes, why the incident led to a second murder years later, why there was a cover-up, and just how high it went.
- Indie Success: “The Best of All Possible Worlds”
The books have new covers, and the set features original tie-in essays and a chapbook of short stories.It’s not the first time that Howey has had his work published traditionally.