- Friends Among the Stacks: An Indie Success Story
He was even able to select a cover designer, consulting with more than one before landing on the perfect design.
- Galley Talk: Running the Rift by Naomi Benaron
Benaron writes about Rwandans with great affection and intimate knowledge, populating her story with characters whose hearts and hopes prevail beyond the terror.
- Stepping Out of the Box: An Indie Success Story
I figured out some cover options and have been applying myself to learning how to reach readers.
- Youth Activists Share Their Stories in 'I, Witness'
The cover of her book is revealed here for the first time.
- Write, Market, Repeat: An Indie Success Story
She isn’t shy about using outside expertise, however: “I currently subcontract the copyediting, page design, and cover art.”
- A New Augmented Book Brings Ghost Stories to Life
“The first time Bloody Mary popped her head out of the cover of the book, it was a eureka moment for me,” Yim says.
- The Untold Life Stories of Buddhist Nuns Revealed
Magazine Story of the Year Award and a foreign correspondent for Britain’s Sunday Times, was all-too-familiar with the impact of violent conflict on women and girls, having covered such stories as the murders of Guatemalan women and the fates of the children of women raped in Bosnia
- PW’s Most-Read Comics Stories of 2017
Fall 2017 Announcements: Comics & Graphic NovelsNonfiction and memoirs dominated the season’s graphic works, with stories covering various places and cultures—from New York City to Iraq.
- BookExpo 2020: The Stories Behind Six Buzz Books
She talked so elegantly about family trauma and the power of writing and the stories we tell ourselves to heal, I couldn’t wait to read the manuscript.
- PW’s Most-Read Comics Stories of 2020
An Anti-racist graphic novel reading list in tribute to the memory of George Floyd, the impact of the pandemic on comics retail, the loss of comics conventions and festivals, and the rise in popularity of digital comics for the mobile generation, are among the topics covered in the most-
- Enemies: An Unusual Love Story: A Profile of Chelsea Cain
"Everything here is wet and rotting and covered with moss and mildew," Cain says.
- Galley Talk: Week of 6/13/2011: Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day
(Closing the cover between readings, I often found myself saying, "Well, just one more.")
- Survival Stories Have Young Readers Hooked
Contemporary Stories, Timeless Survival Advice “Stay calm.
- Inhabit Media Tells the Stories of the Canadian North
Inhabit published a hardcover collector’s edition graphic novel with a DVD copy of the film in the back cover.
- New Graphic Books Blur Categories To Tell Stories
Gerry Donaghy, graphic novel buyer at Powell’s Books in Portland, Or., said that the books covered here, “sell pretty modestly for us, with the exception of Radioactive.