- Cover Reveal: 'Friends Forever'
“I think it’s a combination of an appealing art style, strong covers that tell you a bit about the story and the character, and then once you read the book, authentic characterization and an engrossing story,” she said.
- Noteworthy New Releases for Children and Teens: January 2021
Ages 4 and up.In four stories, Pinkney guides readers through the young child’s day.
- ALA 2021 Virtual Midwinter Meeting Gets Underway
Billed as a “blistering story of a young man making his Broadway debut just as his marriage implodes,” it is his first novel in 20 years.
- Children's and YA Books for Valentine's Day 2021
The local news covered her birth on a pizza parlor ladies’ room floor, and “no one grows out of anything in a small town”—especially when she takes a job at the Hot ’N Crusty.
- Lisa Scottoline Heads to Rome in Her New Novel
One semester covered the literature of the Holocaust.
- PW’s Most-Read Comics Stories of 2020
An Anti-racist graphic novel reading list in tribute to the memory of George Floyd, the impact of the pandemic on comics retail, the loss of comics conventions and festivals, and the rise in popularity of digital comics for the mobile generation, are among the topics covered in the most-
- Cover Reveal: 'Pax, Journey Home'
The first cover was just amazing.
- Cover Reveal: 'The Hawthorne Legacy'
The cover is revealed here for the first time in a PW exclusive.
- S&S Acquires New and Classic Works from Anita Lobel
“It has been so wonderful making books and sharing stories with Anita,” she said.
- Q & A with Nikki Grimes
It’s always the single story.
- A Picture Book Celebration of Black Lives
He has two children, ages eight and six, and wanted a story for them, especially after a conversation with a colleague who urged him to find stories that would tell them about their history.
- Kristin Hannah's Next Heroine Is Just Like You
The question was, who did she want to tell the story?
- Children's Publishers Choose Their Favorite Reads of 2020
The book was powerful and beautifully written, with memorable characters and a gorgeous cover.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Weeks of December 28, 2020 and January 4, 2021
Here we round up new and forthcoming children’s titles including a story about a boy and his clothes, a picture book about the perfect pet, a wintry middle grade novel, a book about birds, and more.
- Fall 2020 Flying Starts: Aiden Thomas
Macmillan’s commitment to calling on diverse voices and talents during the publishing process, from soliciting POC and trans cover artists (including final cover artist Mars Lauderbaugh) to hiring Latinx trans nonbinary narrator Avi Roque for the audiobook sets a powerful example.Following his critically