- 'PW' Announces New Nonfiction Reviews Editor, Writer-at-Large
Jones is a New York City–based journalist covering breaking news, digital culture, and entertainment.
- Libraries Employ Low-Tech Programming to Engage Children and Families
Dial-a-Story San Antonio Public Library has offered a frequently updated Dial-a-Story option, available in both English and Spanish, to its community for the past 20 years.
- In Conversation: Ibi Zoboi and Yusef Salaam
You knew what you wanted that cover to look like.
- Book Your Summer Live Festival: Chills and Thrills in YA Books
McManus grew up in Massachusetts, and thought the beach setting would challenge her, as she has previously written stories focused on schools.
- Scripture and Inspiration for Every Day
(Church, Sept.) calls readers to “turn once again to the beginning of the Christian story” during the period leading up to Christmas.Rest: 40 Days of Refreshment for Women by Walk Thru the Bible (Tyndale, Apr. 2021) includes Bible verses and stories by the writers of Walk
- Book Deals: Week of August 24, 2020
The book, Viking said, “will uniquely incorporate history, science, and politics in a narrative that covers not only events in the United States but around the world over the last century.”
- Martin Amis Gets Matter of Fact
And his very particular upbringing was, in reality, an apprenticeship.Inside Story engages with some of this background, traversing territory covered in Amis’s well-received 2000 memoir, Experience (which he wrote in response to his father’s death in 1995).
- Publishers of Bibles Seek to Boost Interest
It also comes in a large-print edition with a clothlike cover in a variety of designs.
- Meet the Agent: Regina Brooks
McKissack and won the 2019 John Steptoe Award for New Talent, with Nana Akua Goes to School, written by Tricia Elam Walker.Barnes, James, and Harrison all contributed to the recently published The Talk: Conversations About Race, Love & Truth, edited by Wade Hudson and Cheryl Willis Hudson
- 'Bookmarks' Series from Netflix Spotlights the Black Experience
“I think we’ve done a good job of covering a variety of content, if you will, and it’s appropriate for a variety of audiences.
- Slouching Toward Equity
., 2020 had already ushered in some fraught stories.
- Black Lives Matter: Crucial Discussions in the Classroom
Often I would pair books, such as Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes and Getting Away with Murder: The True Story of the Emmett Till Case by Chris Crow.Helpful resources: Teaching Tolerance has resources that address all kinds of issues related to equity and diversity.
- In Conversation: J.Elle and Denene Millner
We asked J.Elle and Millner to interview each other about the forthcoming book, whose cover is revealed here for the first time, and the joy of celebrating Black girl magic.
- Big Ideas and Fresh Looks: Backlist Backbones 2020
Do they commit to the original cover and aesthetics, in a bet on its recognizability?
- The Book of V.E. Schwab's Heart
I’ve lived with this story in my head for a decade.