- COLDHEART CANYON: A Hollywood Ghost Story
What kept them at the house, even after death, is the incredible room in its lowest story.
- A Dream Unfolds: The Story of Nano Nagle
Fox covers the history of Nagle’s life with concision, but adds little narative flair to the telling.
- BRIGID'S CLOAK: An Ancient Irish Story
Readers don't have to share Brigid's faith to enjoy this story, but those who do may find that faith strengthened.
- Say Goodbye: The Laurie Moss Story
Shiner's extensive research gives the story an authentic feel and keeps it from becoming a soap opera or a wearisome cover version of every other rise-and-fall parable.
- THE STORY OF FROG BELLY RAT BONE
It advises patience in sowing the seeds of change, but takes a naïve, idealizing view of childhood and delivers a message in place of a story.
- 10 Best Short Story Collections
On the inside cover of my brutally used copy of Munro’s Selected Stories (1996) is written: “She is an insight machine.”
- Bookselling Spotlight: Talk Story Bookstore
“At this point, we’re just riding the wave,” Justus said, noting that with two PPP loans, he is able to cover store expenses and pay the rent, which he described as “reasonable” in comparison to the “insanely high” commercial rents that are commonplace on the island.Despite this past ye
- Celebrate Cricket: 30 Years of Stories and Art
Cricket magazine marks a publishing milestone with Celebrate Cricket: 30 Years of Stories and Art, ed. by Cricket's founder and editor-in-chief, Marianne Carus.
- The Color of Absence: 12 Stories about Loss and Hope
Two short story collections address the emotional life of adolescents.
- Sourcebooks Is Telling Stories
"That was a wonderful story to hear," he said.
- Stories Behind The Book
Has Taylor finished the story of the Logan family?
- Troubled Voices: Stories of Ethics and Illness
Presented in concise language, the topics covered range from living wills and child euthanasia to suicide and organ transplants.
- Stalag Luft III: The Secret Story
The author covers every conceivable aspect of daily life including prisoner-generated educational and cultural programs, relations with the German administrators, and the obsessive planning, preparation and execution of various escapes and escape attempts.
- Paying It Forward: An Indie Success Story
I cover all the costs of production and marketing, consult with them as they develop their plot lines, and perform multiple edits before sending the books off to my editor.
- Rickey & Robinson: The True, Untold Story of the Integration of Baseball
And though Kahn tells some new stories and spent time combing through Rickey’s archives in the Library of Congress, the story as a whole is not “untold.”