- Irritable Hearts: A Ptsd Love Story
McClelland (A Twisted Trail) is one of the journalists who comes to Port-au-Prince to cover femicide and hate crimes, and she witnesses "something."
- Unlikely Destinations: The Lonely Planet Story
This look back at their almost 40-year career divides neatly into thirds, with the first energetically covering their various travels while they get their business off the ground, such as "incidents in Turkey that began ambiguously and ended with gratuitous acts of kindness"; the second frankly
- A Life Well Played: My Stories
Covering everything from his early upbringing to his latest success on the Champions Circuit, Palmer delivers 75 short, breezily readable chapters divided into sections on golf (“A long drive is good for the ego”), life (“I have never forgiven Spiro Agnew for stealing my thunder on national
- Lala's Words: A Story of Planting Kindness
“You’re covered in dirt!”
- The NHL -- 100 Years in Pictures and Stories
Each entry is two pages at most, perhaps with a relevant sidebar, so nothing is covered in depth, but the book provides a glimpse of each moment in time.
- A Good Talk: The Story and Skill of Conversation
Interview tactics and prepared remarks are covered, along with e-mail embarrassments, dating stratagems, sarcastic barbs, compliments, and interruptions.
- Queen of Vaudeville: The Story of Eva Tanguay
Every knowable aspect of her biography is covered in impressively researched detail, from her performances as a child star in Holyoke, Mass., to her success as the "I Don't Care" Girl on the vaudeville stage.
- Paradise Now: The Story of American Utopianism
He smartly organizes the book into five sections, each covering a major movement in the “Edenic void” of America: Shakers, New Harmony Owenists, Fourierists, Icarians, and the Perfectionists of the Oneida Community.
- A Publishing Story: Jonathan Galassi
Galassi is still in thrall to the allure of ink on paper bound between covers, something he acknowledges while gesturing to the floor-to-ceiling wall and a half of books in his office.
- BookLife's Top Self-Publishing Stories of 2014
Here are the 10 most popular stories on BookLife in 2014.10.
- Fools, Martyrs, Traitors: The Story of Martyrdom in the Western World
When is martyrdom a cover for suicide?
- The First Love Story: Adam, Eve, and Us
Taking the oldest story of romance and giving it a new gloss, this book may be Feiler’s best work yet.
- Pitchers Do Get Lonely, and Other Sports Stories
This collection of Berkow's New York Times columns and feature stories covering the '80s runs the gamut from a moving account of a retarded boy's adventure at a baseball camp to a hilarious story that demonstrates ex-Knick Bill Bradley's wonderful sense of humor.
- My Little Town: Stories from Lake Wobegon
If there’s something worth talking about in the fictional town of Lake Wobegon, Garrison Keillor has probably covered it on his radio show, A Prairie Home Companion.
- Foster Care Odyssey: A Black Girl's Story
Her ability to clearheadedly evaluate the morass of negative feelings without lapsing into sentimentality is one of the most affecting aspects of this memoir, which covers 19 years in foster care.