- Unlisted Lives: A True Story of Seven Women
Yet despite their factual base, these stories have little to offer as role models for others in distress at becoming suddenly man-less.
- Her Stories: Backlist Backbones 2021
Norton is updating the most recent cover, which “looks very 1995,” and will post excerpts from the book on its Instagram account.In the realm of popular fiction, Atria is giving Jennifer Weiner’s debut novel, Good in Bed, a new q& and reading group guide for its 20th anniversary,
- Really, Really, Really, Really Weird Stories
Considering that the first entry, I Want to Get Married, Says the Worlds Smallest Man, concerns a 28"-tall midget who weds a full-size, crack-smoking whore, to brutal effect, readers may rest assured that an unforgettable trip awaits them from cover to cover.
- Julia Scheeres: The Untold Story of Jonestown
That led to her new book--A Thousand Lives: The Untold Story of Hope, Deception, and Survival at Jonestown (Free Press, Oct.).
- The Pilgrim Book of Bible Stories: The Great Stories of the Bible Retold in a Fresh and Lively Way for Today's Children
The institutional-looking cover on the paper-over-board Pilgrim Book of Bible Stories by Mark Water, illus. by Diana Shimon, belies the often stimulating discussions within.
- Mile 81: Includes Bonus Story 'The Dune'
In King’s short story, just off the highway in Maine a mud-covered car sits quietly at an abandoned rest stop where a young boy named Pete Simmons is exploring a boarded-up burger joint.
- The Deadly Dinner Party & Other Medical Detective Stories
Other chapters cover typhoid fever in restaurant orange juice, gastrointestinal infestation via fish tank water, and illnesses caused by excess vitamins A and D.
- To Be Continued: The Collected Stories of Robert Silverberg, Volume One
Silverberg also wrote stories to match cover art, a literary exercise that resulted in "Why?"
- Samson the Hot Tub Bear: A True Story
Tokuda, a California TV anchor who covered the story in 1994, gives a largely unembellished account.
- POSING AS PEOPLE: Three Stories, Three Plays
Each covers the dual themes of troubled love and being someone other than who you are.
- E-Stories for 'Divergent' Fans Awaiting 'Allegiant'
\tIn-house artist Joel Tipple is designing the digital story covers for the otherwise illustration-free e-short stories.
- Movie Alert: 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark'
“When I first saw the cover of Scary Stories, it was astounding,” he said.
- Bitter Magic: Inspired by the True Story of a Confessed Witch
I know how to be safe’ ”), clunkily conveying historical information that is more eloquently covered in an accompanying author’s note.
- When Will the Heaven Begin?: This Is Ben Breedlove's Story
Much of Ben’s story was covered in television news and popular magazines following his death, and while Breedlove’s memoir adds details from their family life, the reserved tone prevents it from offering a more intimate look.
- All the Time in the World: New and Selected Stories
And, though on a smaller canvas, his short stories possess the same breadth.