- A Publishing Story: Jonathan Galassi
Galassi is still in thrall to the allure of ink on paper bound between covers, something he acknowledges while gesturing to the floor-to-ceiling wall and a half of books in his office.
- BookLife's Top Self-Publishing Stories of 2014
Here are the 10 most popular stories on BookLife in 2014.10.
- The First Love Story: Adam, Eve, and Us
Taking the oldest story of romance and giving it a new gloss, this book may be Feiler’s best work yet.
- Pitchers Do Get Lonely, and Other Sports Stories
This collection of Berkow's New York Times columns and feature stories covering the '80s runs the gamut from a moving account of a retarded boy's adventure at a baseball camp to a hilarious story that demonstrates ex-Knick Bill Bradley's wonderful sense of humor.
- My Little Town: Stories from Lake Wobegon
If there’s something worth talking about in the fictional town of Lake Wobegon, Garrison Keillor has probably covered it on his radio show, A Prairie Home Companion.
- Fools, Martyrs, Traitors: The Story of Martyrdom in the Western World
When is martyrdom a cover for suicide?
- Foster Care Odyssey: A Black Girl's Story
Her ability to clearheadedly evaluate the morass of negative feelings without lapsing into sentimentality is one of the most affecting aspects of this memoir, which covers 19 years in foster care.
- Rose's Journal: The Story of a Girl in the Great Depression
The latest installment of the Young American Voices series, Rose's Journal: The Story of a Girl in the Great Depression, by Marissa Moss, covers the "Dirty Thirties."
- Unlisted Lives: A True Story of Seven Women
Yet despite their factual base, these stories have little to offer as role models for others in distress at becoming suddenly man-less.
- Her Stories: Backlist Backbones 2021
Norton is updating the most recent cover, which “looks very 1995,” and will post excerpts from the book on its Instagram account.In the realm of popular fiction, Atria is giving Jennifer Weiner’s debut novel, Good in Bed, a new q& and reading group guide for its 20th anniversary,
- Really, Really, Really, Really Weird Stories
Considering that the first entry, I Want to Get Married, Says the Worlds Smallest Man, concerns a 28"-tall midget who weds a full-size, crack-smoking whore, to brutal effect, readers may rest assured that an unforgettable trip awaits them from cover to cover.
- Julia Scheeres: The Untold Story of Jonestown
That led to her new book--A Thousand Lives: The Untold Story of Hope, Deception, and Survival at Jonestown (Free Press, Oct.).
- The Pilgrim Book of Bible Stories: The Great Stories of the Bible Retold in a Fresh and Lively Way for Today's Children
The institutional-looking cover on the paper-over-board Pilgrim Book of Bible Stories by Mark Water, illus. by Diana Shimon, belies the often stimulating discussions within.
- POSING AS PEOPLE: Three Stories, Three Plays
Each covers the dual themes of troubled love and being someone other than who you are.
- Mile 81: Includes Bonus Story 'The Dune'
In King’s short story, just off the highway in Maine a mud-covered car sits quietly at an abandoned rest stop where a young boy named Pete Simmons is exploring a boarded-up burger joint.