- Billy Graham and Me
The lead on my story was, “Don’t fluff the pillows.”
- Pretty Little Liars: The Latest on the 'Desperate Housewives' for Teens Series
“You have a whole bunch of different editors thinking about how to make the story better,” says Shepard.
- IBPA University 2019: Raccah Spills Secrets to Indie Publishing Success
Disclosing some of the mistakes she initially made—such as putting an ugly cover on her debut publication—Raccah credited Nathan with giving her frank advice (including a critique of that flawed cover) about the marketplace.
- PW: Harper Introduces Francesca Lia Block To a Wider Audience
Cotler added that Block loved the idea of Scalora doing the new cover.
- Razorbill Hopes to Re-create South African Magic
“It was a hard cover to get right.”
- Laphams’s ‘Stray Bullets’ Is Back in Print and Digital
I just have more stories to tell.
- Q & A with Lucy Cousins
The story has to have a beginning, middle, and end.
- True but Strange: Author Found
The whole story came to me at once.
- No to Kindle, Yes to Object Status
For Featherproof's fall 2009 lead title, Scorch Atlas by Blake Butler, interlinked short stories set in a “post-apocalyptic dreamscape,” Dodson plans on designing both cover and interior “to look like an artifact from the future.”
- A Picture Book Debut for Norman Rockwell
“I am a longtime Rockwell fan, and had been wondering how to pair one of his paintings with a children’s story, since his pictures are so charming and so story-like—but you can’t make a picture book about just one picture.”
- Gwen E. Kirby Makes an Uproarious Literary Debut
In fact, just read the book cover to cover.
- PW: A Publicity Stunt That's Skin Deep
Harvey weaves his own real journal entries into the fictional story line, in which the professor confesses to killing not only his family but scores of others.Since he put so much of himself into the book, and the prototype jacket looked like the color of his skin, Harvey suggested to h
- Mosley Inks Deals With BCP, WSP
Norton, approached BCP to publish Gone Fishin', an unpublished prequel covering the early years of his popular Easy Rawlins character.
- Gay Marriage Instant Book from Chronicle
Chronicle is in discussion with the San Francisco Chronicle, which has covered the gay marriage story prodigiously and has many photographs, about possible involvement in the project.
- Verso to Debut New Fiction Line in Fall 2019
In the past Verso has published such acclaimed international authors as John Berger, Georges Perec, Tariq Ali and Jenny Hval.Rumberger said that sales of translated fiction are growing and noted that “we hope to be a part of the increased appetite for translated literature, and we’re proud to bring