- The Deadly Dinner Party & Other Medical Detective Stories
Other chapters cover typhoid fever in restaurant orange juice, gastrointestinal infestation via fish tank water, and illnesses caused by excess vitamins A and D.
- To Be Continued: The Collected Stories of Robert Silverberg, Volume One
Silverberg also wrote stories to match cover art, a literary exercise that resulted in "Why?"
- Samson the Hot Tub Bear: A True Story
Tokuda, a California TV anchor who covered the story in 1994, gives a largely unembellished account.
- E-Stories for 'Divergent' Fans Awaiting 'Allegiant'
\tIn-house artist Joel Tipple is designing the digital story covers for the otherwise illustration-free e-short stories.
- Movie Alert: 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark'
“When I first saw the cover of Scary Stories, it was astounding,” he said.
- Cover Reveal: 'Doña Esmeralda, Who Ate Everything!' by Melissa de la Cruz
“I think there’s a hunger for a lot of different kinds of stories, and people are a lot more open to our stories than they ever were.”
- Will You Always Love Me?: 9and Other Stories
Some stories successfully cover entire lives: in ``The Passion of Rydcie Mather,'' schoolbus driver Rydcie (for Eurydice, who visited Hades) ragingly defies the God who ``forced'' her into heroic action to save a drowning girl; her revenge is appropriately apocalyptic.
- CATCH AS CATCH CAN: The Collected Stories and Other Writings
The collection, which covers 50 years of Heller's work, is striking for its range of tone.
- 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man
The “special enhanced die-cut cover” is an appropriately elegant detail for this moving graphic novel.
- Bitter Magic: Inspired by the True Story of a Confessed Witch
I know how to be safe’ ”), clunkily conveying historical information that is more eloquently covered in an accompanying author’s note.
- When Will the Heaven Begin?: This Is Ben Breedlove's Story
Much of Ben’s story was covered in television news and popular magazines following his death, and while Breedlove’s memoir adds details from their family life, the reserved tone prevents it from offering a more intimate look.
- All the Time in the World: New and Selected Stories
And, though on a smaller canvas, his short stories possess the same breadth.
- Tomie dePaola Is ‘Grateful' for a Storied Career
The reissues feature refreshed artwork rescanned from the original, new covers, and a slightly larger trim size.
- Denis Johnson: An Editor’s Love Story
(A few specifics, like the interior design, were overseen by his widow, Cindy, although Johnson did live to approve the book’s cover.)
- Flying High: The Story of Boeing and the Rise of the Jetliner Industry
He covers Boeing's history from its founding just before WWI to the present day.