- Seven Stories to Publish Simultaneous Adult/YA Book
It will be the press’s first book to be released simultaneously, in paper over board for older teens and paperback original for adults, and it will feature two different pieces of cover art.
- Touching All the Bases: Baseball in 101 Fascinating Stories
The book works both as a cover-to-cover read and a reference, and Phillips's straightforward style gives it broad appeal.
- Our Favorite Cookbook Stories of 2010
But if it’s cookbooks you’re interested in, check out this hit list of some of our favorite cookbook-related stories from 2010, along with follow-up addendums giving an update to what’s happened since we covered the story.
- The 25 Greatest Sports Conspiracy Theories of All-Time: Ranking Sports' Most Notorious Fixes, Cover-Ups, and Scandals
In fact, I wouldn't believe it if I saw it in a movie") but his analysis is reasoned and the stories, from steroids stats to Howard Cosell testifying for the USFL to racial stonewalling in major league baseball to a meticulously detailed account of Superbowl III (did the Colts thr
- Now You See It... Stories from Cokesville, PA
The interlocking structure allows her to cover 40 years and several locales with ease.
- Life of the Party: Stories of a Perpetual Man-Child
It was and he did, resulting in a cover story that would change his life.
- Escape to the Forest: Based on a True Story of the Holocaust
The focus instead is on material covered better elsewhere--the persecution of Polish Jews by first the Russians and then the Germans.
- The Pigeon Tunnel: Stories from My Life
Le Carré’s stories take readers around the world, covering his posting as a young intelligence officer in post-WWII Germany, his time in Gorbachev’s Russia, and research trips for his novels.
- Road Through Time: The Story of Humanity on the Move
Sometime between 50,000 and 80,0000 years before modern transportation, anatomically modern humans trudged their way out of Africa to every corner of the Old World not covered by ice, and then beyond.
- Arc of Utopia: The Beautiful Story of the Russian Revolution
British writer and historian Chamberlain (A Shoe Story) charts the 127-year-long intellectual and philosophical history of the Russian revolution in this brief, heady volume.
- The Bluestocking: The Story of the Famous Forrest Divorce Case
Forrest, but the novel's real interest is provided by the working-class characters who testify on behalf of one or the other of the Forrests; their language and descriptive stories perfectly encapsulate the tabloid mood.
- The Latke Who Couldn’t Stop Screaming: A Christmas Story
Go ahead and cover this book in red, stamp it with gold foil and label it a Christmas story—Lemony Snicket fans won’t be fooled.
- THE FORCE OF A FEATHER: The Search for a Lost Story of Slavery and Freedom
Demaratus, an independent scholar in Seattle, feels "chosen to pursue" Mason's story, going in search of this woman who "blazed a path meteoric in its significance."
- The Real Story of Risk: Adventures in a Hazardous World
Readers will appreciate Croston's attempt to cover a broad range of seemingly disparate topicsâsuch as our response to stories rather than statistics, or our failure to follow warnings even in light of past disastersâunder the banner of risk.
- Deerdancer: 2the Shapeshifter Archetype in Story & in Trance
Each chapter covers a different animal ally--including the bear, wolf, cat, serpent--and begins by tracing the ally's role in world cultures throughout history.