- Survival Stories Have Young Readers Hooked
Contemporary Stories, Timeless Survival Advice “Stay calm.
- Ties That Bind: Stories of Love and Gratitude from the First Ten Years of Storycorps
Short but sweet, this single-disc audio edition boasts strong readings of tales that cover everything from racism and death to science and an abundance of things in between.
- Saving Yasha: The Incredible True Story of an Adopted Moon Bear
Kvatum tells the story of an orphaned moon bear, rescued in the Russian forest by Pokrovskaya and a fellow scientist, and its rehabilitation in a wilderness refuge.
- MY FORBIDDEN FACE: Growing Up Under the Taliban: A Young Woman's Story
Watch for the review of another very similar book, Zoya's Story: An Afghan Woman's Battle for Freedom (Morrow) in Forecasts next week.
- It's Only Rock and Roll: An Anthology of Rock and Roll Short Stories
Then there is the mood of rueful mundaneness in Madison Smartt Bell's "Never Mind," covering a day in the life of a "covers" band, whose members know that it will never make the big time.
- Inhabit Media Tells the Stories of the Canadian North
Inhabit published a hardcover collector’s edition graphic novel with a DVD copy of the film in the back cover.
- One Day, the End.: Short, Very Short, Shorter-Than-Ever Stories
“For every story there is a beginning and an end,” Dotlich (All Aboard!)
- New Graphic Books Blur Categories To Tell Stories
Gerry Donaghy, graphic novel buyer at Powell’s Books in Portland, Or., said that the books covered here, “sell pretty modestly for us, with the exception of Radioactive.
- Sharing Stories Wherever Readers Are: Chicken Soup for the Soul in 2018
Newmark also updated the cover design, giving each book a fresh, inspiring look.
- The Stars, the Earth, the River: Short Stories by Le Minh Khue
As a journalist who covered the Vietnam War and its aftermath, and later as a prominent writer in Vietnam, Khue has witnessed her compatriots at their noblest and most venal.
- Silver, Sword & Stone: Three Crucibles of the Latin American Story
It’s a marvel for covering so much ground.
- Lead with a Story: A Guide to Crafting Business Narratives That Captivate, Convince, and Inspire
Unfortunately, while this work is timely and filled with numerous entertaining “ready to tell” stories, it misses the mark by attempting to tackle too much under one cover.
- Running Toward Danger: Stories Behind the Breaking News of September 11
J. and Chandra-gate rose to the occasion in a "heroic fashion" on September 11, writes Brokaw in his apt foreword to this collection of oral histories by journalists who covered the terrorist attacks.
- Every Woman Has a Story: Many Voices, Many Lessons, Many Lives
The stories cover such milestones as a chance reunion with a high school classmate, marriage, pregnancy, motherhood and coming to terms with aging.
- Multiples Illuminated: A Collection of Stories and Advice from Parents of Twins, Triplets and More
Each story is short and sweet, replete with helpful information and examples of the ways in which parents have coped, and will appeal primarily to women, since every story (with one exception) was contributed by a mother.