- A REAL BOY: A True Story of Autism, Early Intervention, and Recovery
Adams, a self-described "Autism Mommy," worked full-time on the intervention process, advocating for Jonah's needs with the school system so they'd cover his high bills, cooking Jonah's special foods and interfacing with each therapist privately and then collectively to help Jonah integrat
- Jesus Freaks: A True Story of Murder and Madness on the Evangelical Edge
Lattin, who covered the religion beat for the San Francisco Chronicle , offers an arresting if uneven account of the Family.
- Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!: The Story of Pop Music from Bill Haley to Beyonce
Stanley covers every musical style that makes up pop music, including country and western, new wave, hip hop, and grunge, and he devotes individual chapters to groups and individuals—the Monkees, the Beach Boys, the Bee Gees, Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna—that changed the shape of po
- Fat, Drunk, and Stupid: The Inside Story Behind the Making of Animal House
He offers some interesting anecdotes (especially a deleted scene in which the Deltas give a car ride to a young, then unknown Bob Dylan only to throw him out after he starts singing), but overall, Simmons covers much of the same territory as various other books about the film, its
- Palestine: The Reality: The Inside Story of the Balfour Declaration 1917-1938
Jeffries covered WWI in the Middle East and emerged as a committed anti-Zionist.
- To Timbuktu: Nine Countries, Two People, One True Story
Fusing travelogue and personal exploration, this entertaining chronicle covers the nearly two-year odyssey debut talents Scieszka (daughter of Jon) and Weinberg embarked on after graduating from college in 2006.
- ALL THE POPE'S MEN: The Inside Story of How the Vatican Really Works
Allen, who is Catholic himself but does not see himself as a missionary or apologist for the church, is a fair and thorough reporter of ecclesial affairs who drew on four-plus years of covering the Vatican as well as 35 interviews with officials in the church bureaucracy to write this book
- The Last Days of George Armstrong Custer: The True Story of the Battle of the Little Bighorn
With Custer dead, the surviving commanders and superior officers hastened to blame him, and historians agree that the official inquiry was a cover-up.
- Chasing The Sun: The Epic Story of the Star that Gives Us Life
Cohen (By the Sword) visited 18 countries to gather information for this ambitious and unusual literary opus, including Peru, where he witnessed the reenactment of an Inca ceremony welcoming the summer solstice, and Japan, where he climbed a snow-covered Mt.
- THE TWENTIETH TRAIN: The True Story of the Ambush on the Nazi Death Train to Auschwitz
Armed with only three pairs of pliers, a hurricane lamp covered in red paper and a pistol, the Belgian resistance fighter Youra Livchitz and two friends conspired to pull off the unthinkable: on April 19, 1943, they ambushed a Nazi deportation train headed for Auschwitz and, under a spr
- Yellow Dirt: An American Story of a Poisoned Land and a People Betrayed
Situated atop some of the richest uranium deposits in the country, the reservation covers parts of Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona and the area was instrumental in the building of the atomic bomb and, later, the cold war arms race.
- Kissing Outside the Lines: A True Story of Love and Race and Happily Ever After
That's what author and actress Diane Farr dis-covered when she fell in love with a Korean-American man whose parents didn't want him to marry out-side his culture.
- ANIMALS AND THE AFTERLIFE: True Stories of Our Best Friends' Journey Beyond Death
(Their short lives have given Sheridan a great many occasions to grieve for animals; she is pictured with one, "little Kristin Sheridan," on the back cover.)
- She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement
Along the way, they grapple with the apparatus of secrecy protecting Weinstein—the colleagues and lawyers who covered up abuses, the confidential settlements that legally silenced some accusers, and the fear of industry retaliation that kept others from speaking out.
- Glutton for Pleasure: Signature Recipes, Epic Stories, and Surreal Etiquette
He covers every possible detail, from arranging a kitchen, to choosing and preparing ingredients, executing special techniques, planning a dinner party, selecting wine and cheese, and achieving impeccable (and quirky) presentation.