- The Candy Dish
She wants more, but the dish’s cover suddenly sticks tight.
- Cover Reveal: 'Moonflower'
“What I was really excited about was bringing Daniel’s more mature, fine-art style to Moonflower’s cover,” she said.
- In Defense of Mean Girls in YA Literature
The kind of girl whose monster-like behavior covers up her insecurities and her secrets.
- Forged by Fire, Fueled by Books: How the Oakland Hills Firestorm Fueled My Love of Books and Forged My Career
In my cover letter I told the story of the impact those several photos had had on me, and I’m convinced that’s what got me my initial interview.
- On Consolation: Finding Solace in Dark Times
These stories of perseverance inspire and, in their way, console.
- Children’s Book Publishers Wrestle with Picturing God
The story follows animal characters who are in a tizzy of anticipation until they realize that God is always with them.
- One Million Oysters on Top of the Mountain
The narrative goes on to cover an impressive amount of ground, from the appearance of early life to the development of radio-carbon dating and the different ways that the surface of the earth moves and buckles.
- Publishing in Canada 2021: Booksellers and Publishers Evolve and Adapt
And in addition to author events at bookstores, the company has also presented online events at which authors interview booksellers and share stories about the importance of booksellers to their careers.
- Canada FBM 2021: Canada’s Literary Wilderness
Stretching from sea (Atlantic) to sea (Pacific) to sea (Arctic), the country’s northernmost tip, Ellesmere Island, in the Qikiqtaaluk Region of Nunavut, touches the 83rd parallel, and is covered in nearly 900 meters of ice.
- Cover Redesign: 'Chance or Circumstance?' by James R. Mapp
To submit a book for a free cover redesign, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Design Note 1: The compass is important to the story’s plot and theme, so adding it front and center helps pull everything together.Design Note 2: Since the subtitle is very important to selling the
- Board Books Offer Parents a Script for Speaking About God
Also hopping up for spring: rabbits are the cover critters for two Zonderkidz Easter board books.
- Publishing in Canada 2021: Bestseller Jesse Thistle on Finding Sudden Stardom
Looking back, when I try to articulate how writing From the Ashes made me feel, the words jumble all together at the front of my brain and then are covered in steaming hot chocolate syrup.All this is to say is that the process, sharing so openly, was both pleasurable and painful—and
- The High Stakes in Dick Lehr's New Thriller
“The court reporter was on vacation,” Lehr, 67, says, “so they threw me in to cover for him.
- Q & A with Monica Zepeda
(Check out the cover reveal above!)
- New and Noteworthy Kids' and YA Books: September 2021
See our Cover Reveal.King of Ragtime: The Story of Scott JoplinStephen Costanza.