- Eso Won and Crockett Named PW’s Bookstore and Sales Rep of the Year
"But it made a tremendous difference at our store, and we thank you for honoring us this way.”Ellen Adler, publisher at the New Press, referred to the civil rights movement that followed Floyd’s murder when she told PW that “Eso Won has long been one of the country’s preeminent Black
- U.S. Book Show: The Future of the Publishing Office
“It’s about looking at the right pipes.
- Rights Report: Week of May 24, 2021
Publication is set for spring 2022; Italian publisher Camelozampa sold world English-language rights.
- Q & A with Paris Rosenthal and Holly Hatam
We are in our third lockdown in Canada right now, and my son is back home doing school again.
- Rights Report: Week of May 17, 2021
Maria Modugno at Random House Studio has bought English-language world rights rights to Knitting for Dogs by Laurel Molk.
- U.S. Book Show: PW Editors’ Picks Panels
Time and time again, we’re not hearing all the right voices in the rooms where decisions about the climate crisis get made.
- Helping Authors Find Their Readers
If you feel you’ve received an unfair review on Discovery, you can report it under your submissions and our team will look into it.
- U.S. Book Show: Around the Booths
Visit more than 100 virtual booths to meet authors, publishers and get swag.
- U.S. Book Show: Industry and Bookselling Panels
Moderator: Jimmy So, editor, Columbia Global Reports, Columbia UniversityPanelistsEamon Dolan, v-p, executive editor, Simon & SchusterTanya McKinnon, principal, McKinnon LiteraryEric Nelson, v-p, editorial director, Broadside BooksKeith Urbahn, president and cofounder, JavelinTuesday, May 25, 1
- Scouting Report: May 2021
.”★ The Pension PlanJosiah VencelSynopsis: When reporter Owen Daniels, the hero of Vencel’s memorable mystery debut, learns of fatalities among the retired municipal workforce, he begins to suspect foul play.PW’s takeaway: Vencel, who spent 15 years working for public pension plans, deserves plenty
- Longtime Sales Exec Paul Von Drasek Dies at 71
He had an uncanny ability to gently put the right book or music in your path at just the right moment."
- New and Forthcoming Titles on Indigenous Peoples
Juxtaposed with excerpts from official reports that conveyed the relocatees’ plight as a successful experiment, he describes broken promises, a decades-long fight to return home, and a life between two worlds as southern culture begins to encroach on Inuit traditions.The Man of the MoonGunvor Bjerre,
- PW Bookstore of the Year Finalist: Eso Won Books
Times reported that Eso Won received as many as 1,000 orders per day and stopped answering the phone because Fugate and Hamilton were overwhelmed.
- Book Buzz: Picture Books
Bright Brown Baby is our gift to everyone who wants to show Black and brown children how truly extraordinary they are, right from the start!
- Rights Report: Week of May 10, 2021
Publication is scheduled for spring 2023; Stacey Kondla at the Rights Factory negotiated the deal for world English rights.