- Rights Report: Week of March 8, 2021
Neal Porter at Holiday House/Porter has bought world rights to Pass the Baby!
- SPD Executive Director to Step Down, Following Internal Report
“Publishing experience is helpful,” they wrote, “but fundamental expertise in progressive nonprofit management will be the primary emphasis.”Bernheimer expressed optimism that the current and upcoming steps being taken at SPD are heading the distributor in the right direction.
- Books for Budding Activists: Spring 2021
Ages 4–7.This follow-up to I Have the Right to Be a Child illustrates a child’s right to advocate for the environment, as proclaimed in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, and what children can do to help.Jump at the Sun: The True Life Tale of
- 'Arms' Race: Where We Stand One Year into the Covid-19 Crisis
And that's indeed what turned out to be the case.In a study released last month your team reported that the actual number of COVID-19 infections is likely ten times higher than the reported infection rate.
- Rights Report: Week of March 1, 2021
Jill Davis at HarperCollins has bought world rights, in a preempt, to I Was Born a Baby?
- OverDrive CEO: Publishers, Librarians Still Searching for Fair E-book Lending Models
“Last year we saw meaningful progress with dozens of publishers enabling more affordable options for acquiring rights to their collection,” Potash writes.
- S&S Posts Double-Digit Gains in Sales, Earnings in 2020
ViacomCBS only said it expects the deal to be completed sometime this year.Similar to HarperCollins, which earlier this month reported record results in the fourth quarter, S&S closed out 2020 on a strong note, with sales up 17% over the final quarter of 2019, reaching $252 million.
- PW Talks with Veronique Tadjo
Were they challenging to get right?
- Rights Report: Week of February 22, 2021
Rotem Moscovich at Knopf has bought world rights to Hooray for DNA!
- Indie Community: The Chosen Two
I was a newspaper reporter right out of college, then my husband and I taught in Indonesia for a while, and now we live in St.
- WI16: Booksellers Plan for the Worst, Hope for the Best
The responses revealed the most pressing business issues on the minds of booksellers right now.
- Religion News Briefs: February 24, 2021
Following the findings in the independent report, the company said in a statement earlier this month, HC will immediately take all his publications out of print.
- Rights Report: Week of February 15, 2021
Janine O'Malley at Farrar, Straus and Giroux has acquired world rights to What's Up, Pup?
- Spring 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
During a summer with his researcher uncle, a boy learns about friendship, protecting the environment, and fighting for what’s right.
- Spring 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers A-E
Ages 10–14.Rivals by Tommy Greenwald (Mar. 23, $17.99, ISBN 978-1-4197-4827-1) is a novel about two athletes searching for stardom, a young reporter seeking the truth, and a basketball rivalry that goes too far.