- At This Year's Frankfurt Book Fair, Uncertainty Was Met with Optimism
“There is tremendous polarization and lack of faith in our institutions right now,” he said.
- Rights Report: Week of October 12, 2020
Publication is set for summer 2022; Jenni Ferrari-Adler at Union Literary did the deal for world rights.
- DoJ Sues Author of Melania Trump Tell-All
No,” Wolkoff told reporters in May of 2019 of the brewing scandal around the inauguration.
- Jane Harper's Tidal Wave of a Novel
You can get people to open up to you in a way that not a lot of other jobs allow for.”In 2008, after a stint as a senior news reporter in Hull, England, Harper moved back to Australia.
- PW Star Watch 2020: Honorees
Anaka AllenSubsidiary rights assistantThe moment Allen knew she wanted to be in publishing came when she was interning at Akashic Books.
- Canadian Publishing 2020: A Year of Introspection
This sentiment is echoed by BookNet Canada, which reports that sales have rebounded significantly from a huge decline in March and April.
- Obituary: Bette Greene
Now I’m sure I did the right thing.”
- Rowling's Views Ignite War of Words in U.S., U.K. Literary Worlds
“To that end, we say: non-binary people are non-binary, trans women are women, trans men are men, trans rights are human rights.
- Coronavirus Response: Celebrities Reading Kids' Books
Lately, he’s been offering Instagram “book reports” of the board books that he and his young son Ben enjoy most.
- Rights Report: Week of October 5, 2020
Greenburger did the two-book deal for world English rights.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Nonfiction
Biography & Memoir These stellar books reveal the lives of myriad artists and writers, from rock stars to sommeliers and literary luminaries.Borges and Me: An EncounterJay Parini (Doubleday)ISBN 978-0-385-54582-2, $27.95In this astute memoir, novelist Parini writes of leaving Pennsylvania
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Fiction
After their rescue, Irene marries her talent manager, who makes her a star in her own right, until she disappears.
- Horsin' Around in Jane Smiley's New Novel
I let that go on for a few days and then I had another Diet Coke and I perked right up, so what can I say?
- 'Power Conveyed Through Picture Books': The Carle Museum's Very Virtual Benefit and Auction
She opened by singing a Civil Rights song before introducing guests to the exhibit she guest curated: “Picture the Dream: Story of the Civil Rights Movement Through Children’s Books,” a collaboration between the High Museum in Atlanta and the Carle Museum.
- Rights Report: Week of September 28, 2020
Literary Agency brokered the deal for world rights.