- Rights Report: Week of September 7, 2020
Regan Winter at Little, Brown has bought world rights to What Are Your Words?
- Rights Report: Week of August 31, 2020
A publication date has not been set; Stacey Kondla at the Rights Factory did the deal.
- International Thriller Writers Regroup After Resignations
The six-member committee includes at least one survivor of assault, a law enforcement officer, a district attorney, a psychologist, and a victim’s rights lawyer.
- Changing Jobs in the Age of Covid-19
"It’s hard not to be with that community right now, especially when so many of my friends are hurting.
- Dear Book Biz: The Devil’s in the Metadata
Indeed.One cautionary note: these results are specific to Tallent’s reported research.
- Beijing Book Fair Makes Virtual Pivot
Online meetings for rights negotiations can be arranged until October 26.
- Publishers, Internet Archive Propose Yearlong Discovery Plan for Copyright Case
\tPlaintiffs’ legal and contractual rights in the Works cited in the complaint, and the copyright registration for such Works.
- Rights Report: Week of August 24, 2020
Literary did the deal for world rights.
- Religion News Briefs: August 26, 2020
Baker Academic holds worldwide rights.
- Virtual Reality Check
The VR gaming marketplace is projected to reach $45.2 billion by 2027, according to the Fortune report.
- The Library Is Open (Sort Of...)
Right now, we are all watching closely what happens with our public school districts, both with the models of learning they are making available for families, and what impact a return to the physical classroom may have on community spread.
- Rights Report: Week of August 17, 2020
Rotem Moscovich at Knopf has bought world rights for two picture books by Minh Lê (l.).
- LeUyen Pham Celebrates Kindness in Covid-19 Picture Book
“It has to be just right.”
- Book Deals: Week of August 17, 2020
The pair preempted North American rights to the book, which Penguin described as a “deeply reported exploration of the collision between entrenched racist legacies and rapid diversification in America’s suburbs and suburban public schools,” from Tanya McKinnon at McKinnon Literary.
- European E-book, Audiobook Sales See Pandemic Pop
"Both publishers and retailers can create a huge impact, provided they do the right thing, such as very targeted promotions at the right time for the right audience, and they agree to work together in a coordinated fashion."