- A Guidebook Editor’s Dilemma
Some in New York City would normally be taking the subway to all corners of the five boroughs, but that’s risky right now.
- Europe's Pandemic Sales Slide Quantified
The report noted, "For example, Spanish reproduction rights’ organisation CEDRO recorded a tripling of the level of digital book piracy in Spain in April."
- Rights Report: Week of July 20, 2020
Rebecca Glaser at Amicus Ink has acquired world rights to Who Knew?
- Fall 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers A-E
Ages 5–8.AbramsAbove the Rim: How Elgin Baylor Changed Basketball by Jen Bryant, illus. by Frank Morrison (Oct. 6, $18.99, ISBN 978-1-4197-4108-1), profiles this African American NBA star and civil rights advocate.
- Fall 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Random HouseWhoa, Dog.
- Fall 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
Ages 9–12.Channel Kindness: Stories of Kindness and Community by Born This Way Foundation Reporters and Lady Gaga (Sept. 22, $24.99, ISBN 978-1-250-24558-8) tells true stories of young people who made a difference through acts of kindness.
- Rights Report: Week of July 13, 2020
Publication is planned for fall 2021; Stacey Kondla at the Rights Factory did the deal.
- Authors, Customers Demand Borderlands Books Owner Divest from Store
I just could not ask my readers to set foot there right now.
- Court Rejects Trump Family Claims, Greenlights Niece's Tell-All
"The First Amendment forbids prior restraints because they are intolerable infringements on the right to participate in democracy."
- Trump Family Doubles Down, Urges Court to Block S&S from Publishing Mary Trump’s Tell-All
“Does a book publisher, who, having paid for the purported right to publish the book, later receiving actual notice of the fact that the author has no legal right to publish the book, then have the right to rush ahead with publication and distribute the book with full knowledg
- Heartland Summer: Buying Frontlist During a Pandemic
Several booksellers noted that romance titles, in Thomas’ words, “are huge” right now.
- Rights Report: Week of July 6, 2020
Publication is planned for spring 2021; Yurika Yokota Yoshida at Japan Foreign-Rights Centre represented both creators in the deal for world English rights.
- S&S Filing Dismantles Trump Family Bid to Squash Niece’s Tell-All
Meanwhile, also on June 30, the Association of American Publishers, the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, and the Pen American Center filed a joint amicus brief in support of S&S."
- Rights Report: Week of June 29, 2020
Nick Thomas at Levine Querido has acquired world rights to Freedom!
- The Gift of Time and Space
We are not experiencing the normal rhythms of life right now.