- Rights Report: Week of August 9, 2021
Tamar Brazis at Viking has bought world rights at auction to Hello, Beautiful by Traci N.
- Censorship on the Rise Worldwide
The report is downloadable from the IPA website.Since that report was issued, efforts to censor books have continued.
- Jessamine Chan's Chilling Debut Novel
And the answer is yes.”In addition to the U.K., rights have sold in Germany, the Netherlands, Russia, and Turkey to date.
- ABA Issues Findings Following July Member Backlash
Bookstores that report sales and submit Indie Next List nominations are eligible to receive the boxes.
- Quarto Posts a Profit in First Half of 2021
Despite those challenges, Quarto reported, it “has the right plans in place to capture all possible opportunities and deliver a satisfactory second half.”
- Rights Report: Week of August 2, 2021
And he's right!
- Rights Report: Week of July 26, 2021
Liza Kaplan at Viking has acquired world rights to Not Too Tired for Justice: Black Women and the Civil Rights Movement by NAACP Image Award winner Katheryn Russell-Brown (l.); Kim Holt will illustrate.
- A Work in Progress, Parts 1 and 2
The big challenge for me right now is I don’t feel that a male writer should, would, could do the idea justice.
- Q & A with John Parra
At the right time, mentors can show you the right things.
- Q & A with L.M. Elliott
- Rights Report: Week of July 19, 2021
Tina Amor brokered the three-book deal for world rights on behalf of Ueberreuter Verlag.
- Fall 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
While out searching desperately for her missing sister, Dee discovers that something isn’t quite right in their town.
- Fall 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
Aretha Franklin, Respect, and the Civil Rights Movement by Hanif Abdurraqib, illus. by Ashley Evans (Dec. 28, $18.99, ISBN 978-0-374-31345-6).
- Reimagining a Classic: Spotlight on Joe Sutphin
Now that it’s set to be published, he’s working on a new project that sounds right up his animal alley: he and a partner have been chosen by the Richard Adams estate to work on a graphic novel version of the classic Watership Down.
- Rights Report: Week of July 12, 2021
Publication is scheduled for spring 2023; Kaitlyn Sanchez at Context Literary represented the author, and Christy Ewers at the CAT Agency represented the illustrator.Sydnee Monday at Kokila has bought world rights to picture book You Gotta Meet Mr.