- Rights Report: Week of April 12, 2021
Krestyna Lypen at Algonquin has acquired world rights to Camp QUILTBAG* by Nicole Melleby (l.)
- Sweden's Storytel Thrives, Sesamy Launches
"At the moment, monopolies are squeezing competition and rights holders.
- Simon & Schuster Acquires Mike Pence's Autobiography
Canedy bought the title in a two-book, world rights agreement from David Vigliano and Thomas Flannery at Vigliano Associates.
- Rights Report: Week of April 5, 2021
Margaret Anastas at Viking has bought world rights for Somewhere, Right Now by Kerry Docherty (l.), illustrated by Suzie Mason.
- ALA Releases 2020 Most Challenged Books List
Many libraries left their wi-fi on even as their buildings closed," the report points out.
- 2020 Was a Tough Year for Comics Shops
Diamond did the right thing.
- This Country: My Life in Politics and History
After leaving public service, he reported for the San Francisco Examiner before landing his first TV show in 1993.
- Preachers' Sneakers Prompt a Book on Spending and Spirit
So I have to ask, What are you wearing right now?
- Rights Report: Week of March 29, 2021
Deborah Warren at East/West Literary brokered the deal for world rights.
- Saying Farewell to PW’s First Lady
“We don’t have much right now,” she said as I sat in her office at PW’s Chelsea headquarters.
- Chaos Under Heaven: America, China, and the Battle for the Twenty-First Century
Washington Post columnist Rogin debuts with a deeply reported look at U.S.
- Full STEAM Ahead: Activity Books Encourage Hands-On Learning Surge
The books familiarize kids with the concepts of paying attention to the world around them, learning how to take steps to solve problems, and trying things out.”And Adler at Andrews McMeel posits that a winning title “can be lots of different things—there’s no single right way to explore these t
- Library E-Book Bill Advancing in Maryland
The bills do not force publishers to transfer any of their exclusive rights and the publishers’ rights remain undiminished," Band wrote in a response shared with PW, explaining that because the bills regulate license terms, the AAP's copyright concerns are misplaced.
- Rights Report: Week of March 22, 2021
Elise Howard at Algonquin has acquired world rights to Mermaid and Pirate by Tracey Baptiste (l.)
- How Publishers Can Find the ROI from Rights
The results were published in October 2020 as a report that’s available on BISG’s website (free to BISG members).We found that though specific rights management applications vary from one segment of publishing to another, the financial benefits outweigh publishers’ investments in rights management