- Spring 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Human rights activist Patterson shares her transgender son’s experience.
- Rights Report: Week of February 8, 2021
Jonah Heller at Peachtree has acquired U.S. rights for Hey!
- RBMedia Acquires Spain's Booka
Putting it in the hands of RBmedia was the right choice for me and for my authors.
- WI16: Emphasizing Community
“Next,” Washington says, “we’re going to find a book that’s right for first responders.
- Vital Signs: Environment & Climate Change Books 2021
Kolbert says that “all forms of moving forward right now do involve some kind of technological change,” a sentiment shared by Nathaniel Rich, author of Second Nature (MCD, Apr.).
- Why 2021 Is Setting Up to Be a Pivotal Year for Digital Content in Libraries
And already, Seattle-based law firm Hagens Berman has filed a federal antitrust suit against Amazon based in large part on information contained in the congressional report.
- WI16: Adult Authors to Meet
Among the many authors appearing at WI 16 are 22-year-old inaugural poet Amanda Gorman, who will publish her first picture book and poetry collection, and Catherine Raven, who is the launch author for Spiegel & Grau, the indie press begun by Cindy Spiegel and Julie Grau when their eponymous
- The Most Anticipated Books of Spring 2021
HistoryThe Agitators: Three Friends Who Fought for Abolition and Women's Rights by Dorothy Wickenden (Scribner, Mar.) - Starred by PW, this excellent group biography casts Harriet Tubman in a new light and pays tribute to the radicalism of her friends and collaborators Martha
- Licensing Hotline: February 2021
“At the heart of what CoComelon gets right is that it’s dealing with everyday things that parents and kids are dealing with.
- Rights Report: Week of February 1, 2021
Charlie Olsen and Jessica Mileo at Inkwell Management did the deal for world English rights.
- Movie Alert: 'Chaos Walking'
Ness believes that some press outlets have been “a little unfair” in their reporting on production delays.
- Taipei Book Fair Forced to Go Virtual
But it reported its first Covid-19 death in eight months on Saturday and more than 4,000 people are now under quarantine.)The cancellation made all TIBE-related events go virtual.
- Spring 2021 Announcements: Audio
Steven Spielberg has optioned feature film rights for the title.Mixed Plate by Jo Koy (Mar., $26.99, ISBN 978-0-06-296999-6).
- The Unbearable Whiteness of Publishing Revisited
Last fall, publishers in New York and some other cities with high costs of living finally began to push starting salaries up past $40,000 into the $45,000 level.Though raises are a step in the right direction, New York’s high cost of living keeps many working-class people from givin
- New and Forthcoming Titles on Women, Girls and Empowerment
A Special Place for Women Laura Hankin, May A funny novel about a clandestine women’s-only social club and the reporter who sets out to expose its secrets.