- Yaged Named President of Macmillan Trade; Besser to Head Kids' Group
She also reports to Besser.
- Rights Report: Week of January 25, 2021
Ann Kelley at Random House Studio has bought world rights to Make Way by Angela Burke Kunkel (l.)
- Stressful Times Prompt Sales for Spirituality Titles
Martin's Essentials, and Red Wheel/Weiser — publishing houses that specialize in such topics — report noteworthy sales bumps both for new titles and rediscovered backlist books.
- Audible Makes Improvements to ACX Terms
The revisions, which include more transparency around returned audiobooks, follows protests from writers’ groups demanding that Audible change terms the groups felt felt were unfair to authors.According to the new post, a new reporting system will be put in place in March that will reflect details on
- Bracing for Another E-book Price-Fixing Case
Not coincidentally, that report provides much of the factual foundation for the Hagens Berman complaint.
- Rights Report: Week of January 18, 2021
Courtney Code at Abrams has acquired world rights to Sit-in to Stand Up!
- Indie Bookstores Gear Up for 2021
Ten stores reported sales declines of 10%–35% compared with the previous year.
- Rights Report: Week of January 11, 2021
/Folio Literary Management did the deal for North American rights.
- Christian Literary Agents Eye Diversity, Expansion
“It’s exciting to bring all that knowledge to bear more directly on authors, to be an advocate for authors to find the right publishing house,” McFadden says.
- Happy Parents’ Day: New Parenting Books 2021
“We’re glad that other people will have such rights,” Jenkins says.
- S&S Cancels Publication Plans for Book by Sen. Josh Hawley
(The First Amendment protects the right to free speech, but not the right to a platform, or to be paid for the publication of that speech.)
- Rights Report: Week of January 4, 2021
Wendy Loggia at Delacorte has acquired North American rights to Trex by Christyne Morrell.
- Rights Report: Week of December 21, 2020
Literary Agency negotiated the deal for world rights.
- PW’s Person of the Year: The Book Business Worker
Months after that, booksellers on the West Coast scrambled to serve their communities and save their shops as massive wildfires blazed across the countryside.All the while, workers in libraries and warehouses, like booksellers, put on their personal protective equipment and reported for duty.
- Witness to the Execution: PW Talks with Ellen McGarrahan
I’m a private detective—the word private is right there in the job description.