- DoJ Sues Author of Melania Trump Tell-All
No,” Wolkoff told reporters in May of 2019 of the brewing scandal around the inauguration.
- PW Star Watch 2020: Honorees
Anaka AllenSubsidiary rights assistantThe moment Allen knew she wanted to be in publishing came when she was interning at Akashic Books.
- Canadian Publishing 2020: A Year of Introspection
This sentiment is echoed by BookNet Canada, which reports that sales have rebounded significantly from a huge decline in March and April.
- Jane Harper's Tidal Wave of a Novel
You can get people to open up to you in a way that not a lot of other jobs allow for.”In 2008, after a stint as a senior news reporter in Hull, England, Harper moved back to Australia.
- Obituary: Bette Greene
Now I’m sure I did the right thing.”
- Rowling's Views Ignite War of Words in U.S., U.K. Literary Worlds
“To that end, we say: non-binary people are non-binary, trans women are women, trans men are men, trans rights are human rights.
- Rights Report: Week of October 5, 2020
Greenburger did the two-book deal for world English rights.
- Coronavirus Response: Celebrities Reading Kids' Books
Lately, he’s been offering Instagram “book reports” of the board books that he and his young son Ben enjoy most.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Fiction
After their rescue, Irene marries her talent manager, who makes her a star in her own right, until she disappears.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Nonfiction
Biography & Memoir These stellar books reveal the lives of myriad artists and writers, from rock stars to sommeliers and literary luminaries.Borges and Me: An EncounterJay Parini (Doubleday)ISBN 978-0-385-54582-2, $27.95In this astute memoir, novelist Parini writes of leaving Pennsylvania
- Horsin' Around in Jane Smiley's New Novel
I let that go on for a few days and then I had another Diet Coke and I perked right up, so what can I say?
- 'Power Conveyed Through Picture Books': The Carle Museum's Very Virtual Benefit and Auction
She opened by singing a Civil Rights song before introducing guests to the exhibit she guest curated: “Picture the Dream: Story of the Civil Rights Movement Through Children’s Books,” a collaboration between the High Museum in Atlanta and the Carle Museum.
- Rights Report: Week of September 28, 2020
Literary Agency brokered the deal for world rights.
- Book Deals: Week of September 28, 2020
Kendi, and said that in it, Lemon brings his “vast audience and experience as a reporter and as a Black man to one of the most urgent questions we face: how can we end racism in America in our lifetime?”
- Ohio Library Board Reverses Decision to End ALA Membership for 'Leaning to the Left'
Such rights are important for all of us, minority or not, and are rights we should be supporting, not hindering.”In a separate post on the MCDL Facebook page, one commenter urged the library to recruit a person of color to sit on the library board.