- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Fiction
After their rescue, Irene marries her talent manager, who makes her a star in her own right, until she disappears.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: Nonfiction
Biography & Memoir These stellar books reveal the lives of myriad artists and writers, from rock stars to sommeliers and literary luminaries.Borges and Me: An EncounterJay Parini (Doubleday)ISBN 978-0-385-54582-2, $27.95In this astute memoir, novelist Parini writes of leaving Pennsylvania
- Horsin' Around in Jane Smiley's New Novel
I let that go on for a few days and then I had another Diet Coke and I perked right up, so what can I say?
- 'Power Conveyed Through Picture Books': The Carle Museum's Very Virtual Benefit and Auction
She opened by singing a Civil Rights song before introducing guests to the exhibit she guest curated: “Picture the Dream: Story of the Civil Rights Movement Through Children’s Books,” a collaboration between the High Museum in Atlanta and the Carle Museum.
- Rights Report: Week of September 28, 2020
Literary Agency brokered the deal for world rights.
- Book Deals: Week of September 28, 2020
Kendi, and said that in it, Lemon brings his “vast audience and experience as a reporter and as a Black man to one of the most urgent questions we face: how can we end racism in America in our lifetime?”
- Ohio Library Board Reverses Decision to End ALA Membership for 'Leaning to the Left'
Such rights are important for all of us, minority or not, and are rights we should be supporting, not hindering.”In a separate post on the MCDL Facebook page, one commenter urged the library to recruit a person of color to sit on the library board.
- With Challenges Ahead, New England Booksellers Stress Resilience
“I have to say, it is such a heavy time right now, and this meeting is filled with light,” she said.Hill provided updates to members about the ABA’s new “October Is the New December” initiative, aimed at getting customers to spread out their buying in advance of a holiday season tha
- Licensing Hotline: September 2020
Moreton noted that while there was no thought of pandemics when PRH acquired the rights, Bluey seems to be perfect for the times, with its focus on a family’s life at home.
- Rights Report: Week of September 21, 2020
Feature film rights have been acquired by Sony Pictures.
- The Nine Lives of Pakistan: Dispatches from a Precarious State
This masterfully reported account deserves a wide readership.
- Preparing for the Post-Sargent Era
“It turns out that Achieve came at exactly the right time in the sense that it’s a much more powerful digital tool, and easier to use than other tools,” she added.Though accelerated by the pandemic, the shift to digital resources has been underway at Macmillan Learning (and in the educa
- Women, Men, and the Whole Damn Thing: Feminism, Misogyny, and Where We Go from Here
Journalist Leser (To Begin to Know) surveys “universal crimes against women” in this searing, deeply reported account.
- Book Deals: Week of September 21, 2020
Wedge, a former investigative reporter at the Boston Herald, is the author of Boston Strong: A City’s Triumph over Tragedy (which was adapted into the film Patriots Day).Cervantes Closes Double at AuctionAfter a seven-house auction, Razorbill’s Julie Rosenberg bought world English rights to
- PRH to Release Obama’s ‘A Promised Land’ Globally in November
The President said that his account will include, “the key events and people who shaped it; my take on what I got right and the mistakes I made; and the political, economic, and cultural forces that my team and I had to confront then—and that as a nation we are grappling with