- Rights Report: Week of September 14, 2020
Naggar Literary Agency negotiated the deal for North American rights.
- New York Comic Con Goes Metaverse
“Fans told us they love being able to catch up with each other, and talking about a panel as it’s happening and right after.”
- Fall Regionals 2020: The Virtual Edition
Given the last six months of the crisis, the next four months will determine whether many independent bookstores stay in business come January.”Hill points to a survey of 400 stores that the ABA conducted: “A quarter reported 2020 sales down 21%–40% compared to last year and another quarter
- Are You Ready to Stand in the Gap?
And then, it is reporting these videos or asking for them to be taken down when they continue to traumatize others or exploit a community’s pain.We also need to stand in the gap in our libraries.
- Rights Report: Week of September 7, 2020
Regan Winter at Little, Brown has bought world rights to What Are Your Words?
- Rights Report: Week of August 31, 2020
A publication date has not been set; Stacey Kondla at the Rights Factory did the deal.
- International Thriller Writers Regroup After Resignations
The six-member committee includes at least one survivor of assault, a law enforcement officer, a district attorney, a psychologist, and a victim’s rights lawyer.
- Changing Jobs in the Age of Covid-19
"It’s hard not to be with that community right now, especially when so many of my friends are hurting.
- Dear Book Biz: The Devil’s in the Metadata
Indeed.One cautionary note: these results are specific to Tallent’s reported research.
- Beijing Book Fair Makes Virtual Pivot
Online meetings for rights negotiations can be arranged until October 26.
- Publishers, Internet Archive Propose Yearlong Discovery Plan for Copyright Case
\tPlaintiffs’ legal and contractual rights in the Works cited in the complaint, and the copyright registration for such Works.
- Rights Report: Week of August 24, 2020
Literary did the deal for world rights.
- Religion News Briefs: August 26, 2020
Baker Academic holds worldwide rights.
- Virtual Reality Check
The VR gaming marketplace is projected to reach $45.2 billion by 2027, according to the Fortune report.
- The Library Is Open (Sort Of...)
Right now, we are all watching closely what happens with our public school districts, both with the models of learning they are making available for families, and what impact a return to the physical classroom may have on community spread.