- Book Deals: Week of March 23, 2020
Max Edwards at Aevitas Creative Management UK handled the world rights agreement for MacKenzie.
- The Dial Press Is Driven by the Heart
“The true measure of what Whitney and her team are doing at Dial right now, for me, is that I have a very clear sense of what a Dial book is and how it will be published,” said Andy Ward, publisher of Little Random.
- More Bookstore Layoffs as Pandemic Worsens
Right now it is business as usual, albeit much much slower.
- Rights Report: Week of March 16, 2020
It follows a tenacious investigative reporter on a new adventure to get the whole story and save Union City from evil.
- Book Deals: Week of March 16, 2020
Greenwald, who now writes for the Intercept, is best known for his series of reports for the Guardian detailing widespread government surveillance programs.
- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
January 11 \tNew Report Offers Post-Pandemic Outlook for Book Business: In a free 50-page report released this week, three veteran publishing and digital media consultants offer a postmortem on 2020 and a glimpse at what the future holds for publishers,
- Breathing New Life into Old Books: PW Talks with 'The Booksellers' Director D.W. Young
And so we did.How did the process of reporting it go?
- For Midwest Booksellers, It's Business as Usual Despite Coronavirus Fears
GLIBA is also hosting a member bookstore owners retreat in Starved Rock State Park in Illinois on April 26-28.GLIBA executive director Larry Law, who, with his wife, Abraham Associates commission rep Sandra Law, became a parent on February 25, wrote, “We are monitoring the situation closely and
- Wayne State U. Press Employees Charge Racial Discrimination, Retaliation
Furthermore, the three allege, “on or about November 2019” Cawthorne and Reeser were “involved in an inappropriate relationship” and that this was reported to the university’s HR department.
- Rights Report: Week of March 9, 2020
Donna Bray at HarperCollins/Balzer + Bray has bought world rights to Anne Wynter's Nell Plants a Tree.
- As the New Coronavirus Spreads, Conferences Suffer
“I am disappointed that the LBF has not offered the rights center attendees a refund as they did when the volcano hit,” said Jennifer Weltz of JVNLA, referring to the eruptions in Iceland in 2010 that disrupted air travel just before LBF.
- Book Deals: Week of March 9, 2020
The Bookseller reported that HQ will publish the title, which it bought world rights to, in summer 2020.The Basque nonfiction book Miñan has been preempted in Italy by Feltrinelli.
- ViacomCBS Is Looking to Sell S&S
Amazon's rising size as a publisher in its own right complicates the landscape somewhat as well.Simon & Schuster was founded in 1924 by Richard L.
- Is Macmillan Reconsidering Its Library E-book Embargo?
But, is it the right thing to do?
- Rights Report: Week of March 2, 2020
Greenburger Associates brokered the deal for world rights.