- Gold Watch: Sports Books 2020
Gestalten, JuneRiding the wave of interest not only in surfing but in female athletes in general, this book documents women claiming what the publisher calls “their rightful place in the world of this sport.”
- Scouting Report: End of March 2020
In this roundup of the best reviewed BookLife titles, we highlight a star-crossed-love story, a dystopian story collection, and goddess legends.Heroines of Avalon Ayn Cates SullivanSynopsis: Sullivan retells tales of legendary heroines.PW’s Takeaway: A valuable, approachable guide.Comparable Title: Nikita
- Authors Guild, AAP Outraged by IA's 'National Emergency Library'
Acting as a piracy site—of which there already are too many—the Internet Archive tramples on authors’ rights by giving away their books to the world."
- Coastal Regional Bookstore Associations Offer Additional Help
Their needs right now, beyond supply chain clarity, are sources of funding that will provide operating capital moving forward."
- Unholy: The Christian Right at the Altar of Donald Trump
Posner (God’s Profits), reporting fellow at Type Investigations, reveals in this trenchant study the modern white religious right as a group anxious about losing power in a changing country and determined to rebuild America with white Christians at its center.
- Judge Allows PEN America Suit Against Trump to Proceed
We are grateful that this essential suit can move forward, vindicating the rights of all those who rely on a free press.”
- Chicago Authors Fight for Two Indie Bookstores
It’s incredible how people from all over are pitching in.”Pilsen Community Books co-owner Mandy Medley also reported that she and her two business partners have been handling a healthy volume of orders since the store closed its doors to walk-in traffic two weeks after the new co-owners took ov
- Sales, Earnings Rose 6% at PRH in 2019
Acquisitions, organic growth, and favorable exchange rates all contributed to a record year for Penguin Random House in 2019, parent company Bertelsmann reported.
- Rights Report: Week of March 23, 2020
Andrew DeYoung has acquired world rights to Rochelle Melander's (l.)
- Children's Books and Games on the Rise During Covid-19
She reported that the newest book in Lincoln Peirce’s [Big Nate series, Blow the Roof Off!
- Case Files: True Crime 2020
Black Hawk Down author Mark Bowden, a reporter at the Philadelphia Inquirer from 1979–2003, says that part of true crime’s persistent allure is its ability to make a “crack in the wall of normalcy.”
- A Look Inside the 21st-Century Comics Shop
Usually one of them is on a roll, and right now they’re not.Salardino: Skylight Books has continued strong into the new year.
- Book Deals: Week of March 23, 2020
Max Edwards at Aevitas Creative Management UK handled the world rights agreement for MacKenzie.
- The Dial Press Is Driven by the Heart
“The true measure of what Whitney and her team are doing at Dial right now, for me, is that I have a very clear sense of what a Dial book is and how it will be published,” said Andy Ward, publisher of Little Random.
- More Bookstore Layoffs as Pandemic Worsens
Right now it is business as usual, albeit much much slower.