- Rights Report: Week of October 4, 2021
Naggar Literary Agency did the deal for North American rights.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2021: Fiction
The author’s use of Beethoven’s letters and other primary sources gives his vivid story musical and historical authenticity.NightbitchRachel Yoder (Doubleday)Screen rights to Yoder’s debut, in which an artist turned stay-at-home mom of a two-year-old believes she’s turning into a dog, were snapped
- Book Deals: Week of October 4, 2021
Carroll, a reporter for the Guardian, was represented by Will Lippincott at Aevitas Creative Management.
- Stand Up to Censorship In Schools
During the protest, Central York High School student Christina Ellis told reporters that the book and media ban tells her that they, the school board, are okay with silencing her voice.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2021: Nonfiction
Business When done right, an account of Silicon Valley hubris can read like a techno-thriller.The Antisocial NetworkBen Mezrich (Grand Central) $28 In early 2021, the stock price of a mostly forgotten video game mall chain was going through the roof, and at first glance, no one
- At New Voices New Rooms Conference, Booksellers Find Solidarity and Confidence
Cavalier reported that SIBA “is very much in a healthy financial condition and expected to meet all budgetary targets in 2021.”
- 'Our Muse, Our Greatest Ambassador, Our Inspiration, and Our Friend': The 2021 Virtual Carle Honors and Art Auction
“That, I hope, is my legacy,” Aldana stated, “having fought for the right of these alternative voices to be, not only published, but to be able to express the way they want to express their world.”
- Amid Strong Sales, Christian Booksellers Brace for 2022
“Having the right product, at the right time involves planning and foresight,” Valk says.
- Rights Report: Week of September 27, 2021
Connie Hsu at Roaring Brook has acquired world rights to Choosing Brave: Mamie Till-Mobley, Emmett Till, and the Voice That Sparked the Civil Rights Movement by Angela Joy (l.), illustrated by Janelle Washington.
- Publishing in Canada 2021: Translator Rhonda Mullins on Bridging French and English
A publisher looks to the current catalogs of houses with a similar sensibility on the other side of the linguistic divide to identify books they might want to buy the rights to, and I read them and report back.
- Rights Report: Week of September 20, 2021
Marisa DiNovis at Knopf has acquired world rights to The Wishing Flower by A.J.
- Publishers Need to Think Digital First
OpenRoad Media takes a step back from this and drives rights acquisition based on the preferences of readers on their mailing lists.
- UTA Publishing Builds Its Client List
- This Week's Bestsellers: September 20, 2021
.” #6 Hardcover FictionRead with Jenna Beautiful Country by Qian Julie Wang PW said: “Civil rights lawyer Wang recounts her years growing up as an undocumented immigrant....
- The Resurrected Women of Maud Casey's Fourth Novel
According to the report, 254 women died that year due to insanity.