- Book Deals: Week of October 28, 2019
Deadline reported the deal.
- Between Two Fires: Truth, Ambition, and Compromise in Putin's Russia
Modern Russians strive to serve several masters—conscience, self-interest, and an overbearing government, among them—in this searching, vividly reported debut from New Yorker Moscow correspondent Yaffa.
- Mountains & Plains 2019: A Celebration of Community in a Safe Space
Right now, the MPIBA booksellers are booming.
- Rights Report: Week of October 21, 2019
Publication is set for fall 2020, and 2021; Ali McDonald at the Rights Factory did the deal.Sarah Jane Abbott at S&S/Wiseman has acquired world rights to Samantha M.
- Bank Street Book Festival 2019: Expanding the Horizons of Children's Literature
On October 19, the Center for Children’s Literature at Bank Street College of Education in Manhattan hosted Book Fest @ Bank Street, an annual conference composed of authors, illustrators, scholars, and other children’s book professionals.
- We Dwell in Possibilities: What American Women Think about Practically Everything!
She also inquired about “hot button” topics, including gun control and the wage gap (but not, curiously, about abortion rights).
- The Frankfurt Book Fair Finds a New Normal
And, as always, the rights business is the heart of the book fair.”Update: In a release, fair officials reported 302,267 total visitors, a "significant" 5.5% jump from the 285,024 who attended in 2018, including a 1.8% increase in professional attendance, and
- Five Myth-Busting Books on Motherhood
Howerton argues that there is no “right” way to raise kids, writing that she hopes the book gives readers permission “to fail, to get back up, and to love with our whole hearts again the next day.”Longtime Catholic Reporter journalist Peggy Weber reflects on her journey from insecurity
- Liz Moore’s Philadelphia Story
In at least one of these reports, the accusations echoed those told to Moore by the men and women of Kensington.
- Rights Report: Week of October 14, 2019
Publication is planned for 2021; Alyssa Eisner Henkin at Trident Media Group did the deal for world rights.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2019: What We Learned from the Apple E-books Case
Was that the right question?
- Georgia Southern University Book Burning Condemned by AUPresses
While AUPresses confirmed that this was right, it added: "It is right, as well, to wholeheartedly condemn such an act of expression and to make expressively clear why it is wrong and dangerous, and frankly terrifying to many people."
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2019: What's the Story with Storytel?
This is my biggest worry right now.
Engaging full-color illustrations include Leslie’s handwritten edits of the cub reporter’s typewritten ledes.
- Book Deals: Week of October 14, 2019
Foldenyi said the book will “explore the benefits of those sweet moments of letting your thoughts wander” while also detailing the documented health benefits of the titular practice.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.