- Lucy Hale Departs in Hachette UK Restructuring
Butler, Davies and Evans, who previously reported to Hodder-Williams, will join Charlie King and Katie Espiner in reporting directly to Shelley.In further changes, rights director Rebecca Folland will take on the additional role of chairing a forum of the rights directors across Hach
- The Week in Libraries: October 11, 2019
The article also raises the idea of a Public Lending Right (PLR), which, in some countries pays authors a few cents each time their work is lent out.
- Sourcebooks Forms International Sales Group
They will both report to Abraham.
- Rights Report: Week of October 7, 2019
Publication is planned for fall 2020; Adrienne Rosado at Stonesong sold world rights.Nathaniel Tabachnik at Penguin Workshop has bought world rights to Willis Wallace by Lindsey Leavitt.
- The On-Sale Calendar: February 2020
Nixon (Grand Central Publishing, $28; ISBN 978-1-5387-4742-1). 50,000 copies.The Regrets by Amy Bonnaffons (Little, Brown, $27; ISBN 978-0-316-51616-7). 50,000 copies.Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor by Layla
- Book Deals: Week of October 7, 2019
Yaniv Soha took world rights to the book from Andrew Stuart at the Stuart Agency.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2019: Fiction
There is the hilariously crass sexbot entrepreneur Ron Lord, the evangelical capitalist Claire, and the nosy nuisance of Vanity Fair reporter Polly D.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2019: Illustrated Books
She was an influential artist in her own right, active at the height of surrealism in France.
- Biblioasis's 'Ducks' is an Unexpected Hit
He also reports that the book is attracting attention from academics.
- ICv2 Insider Talks 2019: Comics in the Age of Streaming
David Saylor is running the most successful publisher in comics right now, with Graphix, which he founded at Scholastic in 2005, now the largest graphic novel publisher in the U.S., with previously unheard-of seven-figure print runs for its top new releases.
- Rights Report: Week of September 30, 2019
The deal for world rights was negotiated by Jen Nadol at the Unter Agency.Jill Davis at HarperCollins has bought English-language North American rights to Catherine's War, a graphic novel for middle grade adapted from Julia Billet's (l.) 2012 novel of the same name.
- The House in the Cerulean Sea
Caseworker Linus Baker of the Department in Charge of Magical Youths (DICOMY) believes he is doing right by the preternaturally gifted children placed in DICOMY-sanctioned orphanages.
- Checking on the Academic Book Market in China
Last October, the STM Report looked at three million articles from 42,500 journals and found that 19% of them came from China—more than any other country, including the U.S.
- Present Tense: Science Fiction and Fantasy 2019–2020
In Max Barry’s Providence (Putnam, Mar. 2020), four astronauts, prisoners of their ship’s AI, are required to send self-aggrandizing social media reports on their dubious victories back to Earth.
- A Selection of Titles from Chinese Academic Presses
Having English-language originals increases export potential (for rights or distribution) and eases translation into other languages.