- New PEN America Report Condemns Prison Book Bans
We urgently need a course correction that upholds the right to read behind bars.”
- Jenn Baker, PW Superstar, on Diversity in Publishing
Because, essentially, we’re capitalists, right?
- How the CASE Act Benefits Authors
On an individual level, the inability to enforce one’s rights undermines the economic incentive to create new works.
Via a plainspoken narrative interspersed with reporting on the Olympic arc, Cops ’n Kids, the boxers who train there, and Gravity’s family—related and chosen—become substantive characters themselves.
- Book Deals: Week of September 23, 2019
The novel’s set for early 2020.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.
- Litigating Literature in Canada
Down the line, that would have been a reviewer’s job, right along with readers who might have bought the book and recommended it to friends, which is their job too.In other words, it’s the same difference as the work of an editor, distributor, reporter, typesetter, printer,
- What American Agents Will Be Selling at the Fair
SiegelU.S. publisher: Columbia Univ., Jan. 2020An overview of international organizing by activists working in tandem to advance women’s rights.
- The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How the President Uses Mind Control
These include flattering audiences; fear-mongering against immigrants and reporters to create an us-vs.
- The Week in Libraries: September 20, 2019
NPR reports how a group of citizens in a Colorado community started their own news organization after their local paper closed, and how they now hope the local library can help, not only by housing a staff of local journalists, "but also providing tools for citizen journalists to cover the
- Adult Authors Dominate Triangle Square's Fall List
But for Triangle Square, that mission is just right.
- Rights Report: Week of September 16, 2019
The book is scheduled for fall 2021; Brenda Bowen brokered the deal for world English rights in her first deal for the Book Group.Kait Feldmann at Orchard has acquired, in an exclusive submission, world rights to debut author-illustrator Junyi Wu's Corgi Can and Corgi Loves, two b
- Book Deals: Week of September 16, 2019
His debut picture book, The Night I Met Father Christmas, was published by S&S Children’s UK last year.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.
- 'What Should I Read Next?'
And librarians also know this is where we especially add value—not just getting users a book or resource, but the right book or resource.
- The Week in Libraries: September 13, 2019
"What’s unclear is whether the association can get the public to understand a byzantine-seeming dispute over electronic files and the right to download them."
- Abrams to Launch Hasbro's Cubby Hill Brand
“We felt the timing was really right.”