- No One-Size-Fits-All Here
“Major publishers have been moving in the right direction for quite some time now and making the right investments,” says Sriram Subramanya, founder and CEO of Integra Software Services.Digital has different meanings for different segments, Subramanya adds.
- The Near-Mythic Inevitability of Olga Tokarczuk's Novels
One begins to use his radio to report the body, but it’s dusk and they want to go home and eat dinner, so they pull him onto the Polish side of the border, then leave.
- Queer as a Five-Dollar Bill
When Wyatt excitedly publishes his revelation online (“I mean, if Abe was gay, and great, it shouldn’t be a big deal, right?”)
- No Project Is Too Complex
“Automation was built into the project right from the start to do the tagging, conversion, and validation.
- Navigating the Open Access Path
But interestingly, we are seeing the nimble OA publishers thriving and new entrants continuing to challenge the old guard.”As for Exeter Premedia, its cloud-based publishing platform, Kriya, has supported OA right from the very beginning, Venkataramani says.
- Amid Allegations, Scholastic Shelves Tim Tingle Book
The author declined to elaborate about the quoted phrase ‘four-letter word,’ and whether he was referring to the incident involving the booksellers, in which no swearing was alleged.After reporting the incident, Carl said, “The ABA’s response was exactly what I was looking for.”
- Rights Report: Week of July 29, 2019
/Folio Literary Management negotiated the deal for world rights.
- Book Deals: Week of July 29, 2019
The Elina Ahlbäck Literary Agency handles foreign rights.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.
- When the Sky Fell: Hurricane Maria and the United States in Puerto Rico
Deibert reports that, a month after the hurricane, 80% of the population was still without power, schools had not been reopened, and 5,000 people were still living in shelters.
- Zwicky: The Outcast Genius Who Unmasked the Universe
Johnson covers Zwicky’s numerous professional feuds fairly, noting both when Zwicky was in the right and wrong, and doesn’t hesitate to mention Zwicky’s more bizarre proposals, like the earth-burrowing “terrajet,” or his refusal to accept some now widely accepted concepts—notably, the expanding universe.
- National Ambassador Jacqueline Woodson in Alaska: A Photo Essay
In addition to discussing her work, Woodson answered questions about the civil rights movement.
- Rights Report: Week of July 22, 2019
Louise Fury at the Bent Agency negotiated the deal for world English rights.
- Fall 2019 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
Macmillan/Farrar, Straus and GirouxSomething for You by Charlie Mylie (Nov. 26, $17.99, ISBN 978-0-374-31235-0).
- Book Deals: Week of July 22, 2019
Then you need to sign up for PW’s Global Rights Report newsletter.
- Fall 2019 Children's Announcements: Publishers A-E
In this graphic memoir, seventh grader Cindy discovers new talents and finds her voice as a cub reporter at her local newspaper.