- Spring 2013 Children's Announcements: Publishers F-M
\tF+W MEDIA/MERIT PRESS \tAfter Girls by Leah Konen (Apr. 18, hardcover, $17.95, ISBN 978-1440561085).
- Spring 2013 Announcements: Science: Once a Vice, Now a Virtue
\tA couple of established voices in science return this April to lead PW’s list of notables.
- Fall 2012 Children's Announcements: Publishers A-F
ABBEVILLE KIDS Are You Sleeping Little One?
- Fall 2012 Children's Announcements: Publishers G-M
Puppy’s First Christmas by Steve Smallman, illus. by Alison Edgson (Oct. 1, hardcover, $16.99, ISBN 978-1561487677) is a holiday tale for dog and cat fans.
- What's Up With Hi-Lo?: ALA 2012
Steve Keay, president and CEO of Perfection Learning, says, "Typically our books are written two grade levels below where a child might be in class, though it could be lower."
- Expanding the License
Appbooks are “more gamified books,” says Steve Youngwood, executive v-p and general manager, digital.
- Around the Booths: BEA 2012
Read the whole Around the Booths guide in the Scribd reader below: Abbeville Press Booth: 3804 Co. description: Abbeville
- Where Up Is the New Up: BEA 2012
Toby Cox, owner of Three Lives & Company, is still on the fence.
- Book Expo America 2012: All Our Coverage
The Pre-BEA Issue Three years ago, when Steve Rosato took the helm at BookExpo America, the book world and the country were still reeling from the economic collapse of 2009.
- Spring 2012 Children's Listings: Publishers M-Q
Steve Jobs: The Man Who Thought Different by Karen Blumenthal (Jan. 26, hardcover, $16.99, ISBN 978-1250015570; paper, $8.99, ISBN 978-1250014450) chronicles Jobs’s life.
- Spring 2012 Children's Listings: Publishers G-L
My Dad by Steve Smallman, illus. by Sean Julian (June 1, hardcover, $16.99, ISBN 978-1561487448) celebrates fathers.
- Fall 2012 Sneak Previews
ABRAMS Abrams buckles up for Kel Gilligan: Semi-Professional Daredevil by Michael Buckley, illus. by Dan Santat, about a preschool Evel Knievel; Hit the Road, Jackby Robert Burleigh, illus. by Ross MacDonald, a Jack Kerouac–inspired picture
- Spring 2012 Children's Listings: Publishers R-S
It’s Milking Time by Phyllis Alsdurf, illus. by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher (Apr. 24, hardcover, $16.99, ISBN 978-0375869112) answers the question, “Where does milk come from?”
- On-Sale Calendar: Week of January 30, 2012
These Dreams of You by Steve Erickson (Europa, $15; ISBN 978-1-60945-063-2).
- On-Sale Calendar: Week of January 16, 2012
Steve Ditko Omnibus Vol. 2 by Steve Ditko (DC Comics, $59.99; ISBN 978-1401232351).