- B&N Posted Loss of $125 Million on 6% Sales Drop in FY '18
“Our plan, which includes sales improvements and cost reductions,” Parneros said, “is expected to yield immediate improvement in fiscal 2019, resulting in EBITDA of $175 million to $200 million.”
- Heartland Fall Forum 2019: It's All About Children's Books and Authors
“Only Indiana stores can truly understand the significance and sales potential of this.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of November 11, 2019
For more children’s and YA titles on sale throughout the month of November, check out PW’s full On-Sale Calendar.
- Taipei 2019: The Fair Opens Amid a Stable Market and an Expanding Kids’s Segment
Last year, the biggest seller at Eslite, Taiwan’s biggest chain bookstore, was Dan Brown’s Origin while over at online powerhouse books.com.tw, David Cho’s New TOIEC Vocabulary ruled the chart.
- PNBA 2019: Kids' Books and Authors Contribute to Energetic Show
First-time attendee Randy Lotowycz, director of marketing and sales at Algonquin, described the show floor as “very busy.”
- AAP Monthly StatShot: April
As a result, though total gross sales fell 16% in April compared to April 2019, that decline was largely offset by a nearly 49% drop in returns.
- Digital Subscription Is Booming in Sweden. Is It Sustainable?
But not in this case.The report also showed that sales at Sweden’s bricks-and-mortar bookstores declined 4.4% in 2019.
- 2020 in the Book Biz Was a Year Unlike Any Other
Through October, bookstore sales were down 31% compared to the same period in 2019.
- Pandemic Success Highlights Rockridge Press’s Data-Driven Strategy
“You’re never losing sight of who you’re writing the books for.”Before the pandemic hit, Rockridge’s sales were split evenly between e-commerce and retail channels, including trade bookstores, specialty stores, mass retailers, and wholesale clubs.
- Equity Firm Agrees to Buy B&N
As a place in which to choose a book, and for the sheer pleasure of visiting, we know that a good bookstore has no equal.”The acquisition by Elliott follows a sales process that B&N began last October, after it was disclosed that a deal with the U.K. bookstore chai
- For Publishers, It's Still the Calm Before the Storm
E-book sales at S&S were up 13% in the quarter and were running 25%–50% over 2019 since the end of the quarter, Reidy said.
- HC Teams with Ingram to Resupply Western States
Separately, HC said it will also repeat its Holiday Express Shipping program for independent bookstores in the U.S. from October 28, 2019, through January 10, 2020.
- Christian Retailers Offer a Status Update Amid Covid-19
Of the bookstores that can operate in a limited fashion, 73% said they are offering curbside pickup, 45% have limited hours, and 38% are making home deliveries.Even with taking unusual steps to generate sales, 171 store owners reported steep sales declines in both March and
- Fall Regional Shows Get High Attendance—and High Marks
NEIBA executive director Beth Ineson said 450 attendees took part in its online fair, up from 377 at the in-person event in 2019.
- Bookselling Spotlight: The Raven Book Store
Despite the pandemic, it is on solid ground, with a “slight” increase in sales after pivoting last spring to web orders, curbside pickups, and local deliveries; holiday sales were up 7% over 2019.