- London Book Fair 2020: London Calling
In the U.S. market, however, NPD BookScan reports that after six straight years of gains, unit sales of print books declined in 2019 compared to the previous year.Globally, digital audio remains a bright spot for a mature publishing industry that has been searching for a path to
- Indie Publishers Cope with Covid
We can afford to be cautious, so we will be.”Coffee House’s sales (print and e-book) are up 21% so far this year over the same period in 2019.
- NCIBA Fall Discovery Show Returns To Oakland & Hotel Strike
“That’s how bookstores are right now for the community as well.
- NBF Honors ABA CEO Teicher with Literarian Award
Since he took over the ABA in 2009, the number of independent bookstores in the U.S. surged from 1,651 to 2,534, with, the NBF said in its release, "ABA membership as well as store sales increasing in lock step."
- The Terrible Ripple Effect of Canceled Book Tours
From micro to macro, here’s what the ripple effect of these cancellations looks like:The AuthorPersonally, I never expected to get rich off book sales.
- Open Road Sees 50% Jump in E-book Revenue
As bookstores closed and readers were forced to shift to buying books online, Open Road Integrated Media, the e-book publisher and digital marketing services provider, saw a 50% jump in revenue for the first quarter over 2019's first period.
- Heartland Fall Forum 2018: Regional Presses Upping Children's Offerings
There were 290 bookseller attendees at this year’s show, on par with attendance figures for the past three years: 210 booksellers from 70 MIBA bookstores and 80 booksellers from 44 GLIBA bookstores, with 22 bookstores sending representatives to the show for the first time.
- A Slow Year for Publishing Mergers and Acquisitions
Two other big deals were announced in 2019 but will not close until 2020.
- Libro.fm Brings Digital Audio to Indies
At the start of 2019, 561 bookstores had partnered with Libro.fm to offer the service, which is promoted in-store.
- Coronavirus Concerns Prompt Cost Cuts
Among the booksellers using GoFundMe is 2019 PW Bookstore of the Year winner Literati Books in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- A Look Inside the 21st-Century Comics Shop
In addition, comics shops continue to debate the challenges and opportunities around the periodical comics format and, along with general trade bookstores, are embracing the chance to attract new audiences to their stores.2019 holiday sales, standout titlesPatrick Godfrey, owner, Velocity Comics
- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
July 31 \tAAP Pegs 2019 Sales Growth at 1.1%: Final estimates from the AAP found a 1.1% increase in total industry sales in 2019 over 2018.
- New England Booksellers Receive Award at Spring Conference
The organization has targeted the 3-30% of individual title sales that are made prior to a book’s release as a source of growth for its bookstores.
- Comic Arts Brooklyn 2018 Returns to Pratt Campus
“I want to do more of that in the future.”Fowler is the owner of Desert Island, a Williamsburg-based indie comics bookstore, and founder of CAB.
- Religion Publishers See Growth in Children’s Books
“Once we become established, we expect to see an increase in sales through Amazon, libraries, and independent bookstores.”Tyndale Kids began ramping up its children's acquisitions last fall due to growing sales in the category, according to children’s publisher Linda Howard.