- November Bookstore Sales Fell 7.3%
Faced with those issues, for the first 11 months of 2019, bookstore sales fell 5.5%, to $8.82 billion, from the comparable period in 2018.
- July Bookstore Sales Drop 5%
For the first six months of 2019 sales were down 5.1% compared to the first half of 2018.
- September Bookstore Sales Fell 2.3%
As a result, bookstore sales for the first nine months of 2019 were down 5.6% from the comparable period a year ago, dropping to $7.42 billion, from $7.86 billion in the first nine months of 2018.For the entire retail sector, September sales rose 3.7%
- Finalists Named for 2019 PW Bookstore of the Year
Publishers Weekly announced the shortlist for the 2019 PW Bookstore and Sales Rep of the Year Awards at Winter Institute 14 in Albuquerque, N.M. this morning.
- Bookstore Sales Post Another 27% Decline
Bookstore sales fell 28.8% in October compared to 2019, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- Bookstore Sales Have Second Consecutive Bad Month
February was the second month in a row bookstore sales fell in 2019 compared to 2018.
- February Bookstore Sales Had Slight Gain
Bookstore sales rose 0.8% in February over February 2019, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- January Bookstore Sales Had Big Decline
Faced with what should have been easy comparisons to January 2018, when bookstore sales fell 9.6% compared to 2017, bookstore sales nonetheless fell this past January compared to a year ago.
- May Bookstore Sales Took Another Tumble
May bookstore sales dropped 59.8% compared to a year ago, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- IVP Reports Double-Digit Sales for 2019
According to IVP, sales increased at both chain and indie bookstores, as well as at online sellers, for both for print books and e-books.
- Industry Sales Posted Small Gain In 2019
The university press category also had a decline, with sales off 4%, according to StatShot.Though retail bookstore sales were generally soft in December—the U.S.
- StatShot: Publishing Sales Rose 1.8% in 2019
Digital audio accounted for 9.9% of adult book sales in 2019, up from 7.8% in 2018.
- BookExpo 2019: Talking with Literati, PW’s Bookstore of the Year
The couple own Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor, Mich., PW’s 2019 Bookstore of the Year.
- Independent Bookstore Day 2019: Like Christmas in April
Several sales reps made the rounds to multiple bookstores around Minnesota's Twin Cities.
- 2019 North American Comics Sales Hit Record $1.21 Billion
The $1.21 billion estimate represents an 11% increase over total comics and graphic sales in 2018.The increase in sales was led by the graphic novel book format, in particular continued growth in sales of children's graphic novels, sold via the bookstore channel, which i