- February Bookstore Sales Had Slight Gain
Bookstore sales rose 0.8% in February over February 2019, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- January Bookstore Sales Had Big Decline
Faced with what should have been easy comparisons to January 2018, when bookstore sales fell 9.6% compared to 2017, bookstore sales nonetheless fell this past January compared to a year ago.
- May Bookstore Sales Took Another Tumble
May bookstore sales dropped 59.8% compared to a year ago, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- IVP Reports Double-Digit Sales for 2019
According to IVP, sales increased at both chain and indie bookstores, as well as at online sellers, for both for print books and e-books.
- Industry Sales Posted Small Gain In 2019
The university press category also had a decline, with sales off 4%, according to StatShot.Though retail bookstore sales were generally soft in December—the U.S.
- StatShot: Publishing Sales Rose 1.8% in 2019
Digital audio accounted for 9.9% of adult book sales in 2019, up from 7.8% in 2018.
- BookExpo 2019: Talking with Literati, PW’s Bookstore of the Year
The couple own Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor, Mich., PW’s 2019 Bookstore of the Year.
- Independent Bookstore Day 2019: Like Christmas in April
Several sales reps made the rounds to multiple bookstores around Minnesota's Twin Cities.
- 2019 North American Comics Sales Hit Record $1.21 Billion
The $1.21 billion estimate represents an 11% increase over total comics and graphic sales in 2018.The increase in sales was led by the graphic novel book format, in particular continued growth in sales of children's graphic novels, sold via the bookstore channel, which i
- Pre-orders Turn 2019 Novel into Bookstore's 2018 Bestseller
The bookstore’s bestselling fiction title of 2018 won’t actually be published until later this year, 2019.
- Bologna 2019: Superhero Girls Power Swedish Sales
The series, published by the Norstedts division Rabén & Sjögren, has sold more 350,000 copies since the first title was published in 2017.Caroline Gezelius, an elementary school teacher and co-owner of Stockholm’s BokBok bookstore, concurs with Luovio in seeing parents as having an impact
- PNBA 2019: Strong Sales Make for Upbeat Show
Juenemann also announced that in 2020 PNBA will be throwing its support behind Bookstore Romance Day.
- Book Expo 2019: Indie Bookstores Grow in Number, Profits
That said, he noted that bookstore sales as compiled by the U.S.
- BookExpo 2019: Bookstores Central to Publishing, Industry Powerhouses Say
“The bookstore feels like a really good, safe place to do that,” said McIntosh.
- The Stars of 2019
See you at the party.PW Star Watch 2019 FinalistsPW Star Watch 2019 Honorees