- U.K. and Irish Book Sales Surprised in 2020
According to preliminary results from Nielsen BookScan data, unit sales of print books hit 202 million in the year, 5.2% more than 2019.
- How Covid-19 Will Change Publishing
Crew, and Neiman Marcus all made Chapter 11 filings, while Amazon, eBay, Target, and Walmart reported record sales.E-commerce sales accounted for just over 11% of retail revenue in 2019, but they were 14.3% by last fall.
- November Bookstore Sales Dropped 21.5%
More detailed sales figures for December will be released on February 17.For the first 11 months of 2020, bookstore sales declined 30% from the comparable period in 2019, falling to $5.46 billion, from $7.81 billion, in the first 11 months of 2019.
- European Book Sales Faltered in 2020
Bookstores saw sales drop 8.7% for the year, but gains by online booksellers and platforms offset that decline.
- Indie Bookstores Gear Up for 2021
The bookstore finished 2020 with a 27% increase in sales over 2019, but she said the workload is creating unprecedented challenges.
- Insurrection at U.S. Capitol Shines Spotlight on Books About 1898 North Carolina Coup
While not able to provide sales figures, York said that sales of the updated edition of Cape Fear Rising remain steady, although there was an uptick in June and July, at the height of the Black Lives Matter protests.
- Powell's Responds to Anti-Ngo Protestors
But, she explained, they would continue to offer the book for sale online: "In our history we have sold many copies of books we find objectionable.
- Bookselling Spotlight: The Raven Book Store
Despite the pandemic, it is on solid ground, with a “slight” increase in sales after pivoting last spring to web orders, curbside pickups, and local deliveries; holiday sales were up 7% over 2019.
- Bookshop and Libro Post Strong Sales in 2020
Bookshop's sales have been strong and Indiecommerce sales are up 680% over 2019, according to the ABA.
- 2020 in the Book Biz Was a Year Unlike Any Other
Through October, bookstore sales were down 31% compared to the same period in 2019.
- TKO Studios Expands to the Book Trade, Movies
The house signed a distribution agreement with PGW in June and TKO trade paperbacks, Chun said, are now available at Barnes & Noble and in more than 100 independent bookstores, as well as Target and Walmart (where they are available via a pilot program).To improve its sales thr
- Children's Publishers Choose Their Favorite Reads of 2020
It was a staff pick recommendation from my local bookstore, Astoria Bookshop.
- Italians Read More During the Pandemic
Some 61% of respondents said they had read a book in the past 12 months, compared with 58% in 2019.
- Bookstore Sales Post Another 27% Decline
Bookstore sales fell 28.8% in October compared to 2019, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- Booksellers See Subdued In-Store Holiday Sales, Online Eruption
The all-important post-Thanksgiving holiday sales period got off to a subdued start at bookstores around the country this year.