- BookExpo 2019: Talking with Literati, PW’s Bookstore of the Year
The couple own Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor, Mich., PW’s 2019 Bookstore of the Year.
- BookExpo 2019: Talking with Cindy Heidemann, PW’s Rep of the Year
“Before, I don’t think bookstores would have sent orders on the weekend.
- The Week in Libraries: May 3, 2019
s famed Politics & Prose bookstore.
- Independent Bookstore Day 2019: Like Christmas in April
Several sales reps made the rounds to multiple bookstores around Minnesota's Twin Cities.
- The Week in Libraries: April 26, 2019
And though critics like Bogost focus on the "government for sale" angle, my experience speaks to another criticism increasingly leveled at government these days: basic fairness.
- Independent Bookstore Day Gets Even Bigger
In Massachusetts, 20 stores are participating in the Cape Cod & Islands Bookstore Trail, which launches on Saturday and encourages customers to visit stores all throughout 2019.In some instances, an entire state is participating.
- Bookstore Sales Have Second Consecutive Bad Month
February was the second month in a row bookstore sales fell in 2019 compared to 2018.
- Arcadia Readies for Second Year Under New Ownership
Arcadia Publishing hit its sales budget for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019, and made investments in new systems that laid the groundwork for future growth, CEO David Steinberger said in a letter to employees.
- Fast-Growing Independent Publishers, 2019
Among the drivers will be the publisher’s children’s picture book list, which will have 19 titles this year.Kiester also expects the YA list to hit its stride in 2019, after earning critical praise but slow sales in its first year.
- Can Christian Publishing Live Without LifeWay?
Bob Munce, president of Munce Marketing Group and the newly formed Christian Retail Association, said that “stores that are near a LifeWay are bracing for the prolonged effect of a going-out-of-business sale through the 2019 holiday season,” adding, “Christian bookstores need a survival
- New England Booksellers Receive Award at Spring Conference
The organization has targeted the 3-30% of individual title sales that are made prior to a book’s release as a source of growth for its bookstores.
- January Bookstore Sales Had Big Decline
Faced with what should have been easy comparisons to January 2018, when bookstore sales fell 9.6% compared to 2017, bookstore sales nonetheless fell this past January compared to a year ago.
- Bologna 2019: Superhero Girls Power Swedish Sales
The series, published by the Norstedts division Rabén & Sjögren, has sold more 350,000 copies since the first title was published in 2017.Caroline Gezelius, an elementary school teacher and co-owner of Stockholm’s BokBok bookstore, concurs with Luovio in seeing parents as having an impact
- 2019 Pannell Award Winners Announced
The Women’s National Book Association has announced the winners of its 2019 Pannell Awards, which are presented annually to two bookstores that enhance their communities by fostering a love of reading.
- Trotman’s Iron Circus Celebrates ‘Strange and Amazing’ Comics
Now the company she founded in 2007, Iron Circus, is a full-fledged book publisher that is getting its ever-increasing catalog onto bookstore and library shelves.Trotman plans to publish 11 books in 2019, up from seven last year.