- Kansas City Booksellers Launching 'World's First Explorastorium'
Once the fundraising goals have been reached, The Rabbit Hole will become primarily self-sufficient, “through a variety of revenue streams,” including admission fees, programming for schools, and bookstore/gift shop sales, as well as support from national publishers, local companies, and foun
- Trotman’s Iron Circus Celebrates ‘Strange and Amazing’ Comics
Now the company she founded in 2007, Iron Circus, is a full-fledged book publisher that is getting its ever-increasing catalog onto bookstore and library shelves.Trotman plans to publish 11 books in 2019, up from seven last year.
- Anime NYC 2018 Attracts 36,000 Fans to Javits Center
Kinokuniya Books, a cosponsor of Anime NYC, had a bookstore set up in the hall, featuring a wide range of art books based on manga and anime.
- West Coast Publishing Adapts to a New Environment
On April 2, the bookstore will host a 7 p.m.
- Indies Launch GoFundMe Campaigns to Survive Coronavirus Shutdown
I Am has, to date, raised close to $8,500 from 160 donors.Literati BooksPW Bookstore of the Year 2019 winner Literati Books in Ann Arbor, Mich. once again has demonstrated that in the seven years since Mike Gustafson and Hilary Gustafson moved there from New York City and opene
- This Week's Bestsellers: September 24, 2018
Martin’s \t\t\t14,201 \t\t \t\t \t\t\t10 \t\t\tChina Rich Girlfriend \t\t\tKevin Kwan \t\t\tAnchor \t\t\t13,939 \t\t \t Editor’s note: Sales for the week ended Sept. 16, 2018 do not include data from the Christian bookstore chain Lifeway.
- How Christian Publishers, Retailers Are Responding to Covid-19
Matthew Paul Turner, author of When I Pray for You (WaterBrook, 2019), is holding weekly Facebook Live story times and prayer sessions.
- Rights Report: Week of October 8, 2018
The book features Tilly (Matilda) Pages, a girl who lives with her grandparents above their small bookstore and realizes she has the ability to "bookwander"—travel inside books.
- Verso, Feminist Press Turns 50
Despite the pandemic, the press said its sales are up 40% for the year to date compared to the same period in 2019, a result of a 200% increase in online sales.
- Change Maker: Allan Kornblum
“And after it drops out, will there be enough critical mass to sustain indie bookstores and even the chains?
- Widen Your Horizons: Hobby & Craft Books 2020
During what NPD BookScan considers the Covid-19 period of sales reporting, March 1–May 2, the hobbies and crafts category saw increased interest, with print unit sales up almost 16% compared with the same period in 2019.
- Global Traditions: Hobby & Craft Books 2018
Thunder Bay has several forthcoming book/kit combos, including August’s branded Animal Planet Safari Crochet; March 2019 brings amigurumi kits for dog, cat, and horse lovers, plus a My Little Pony–branded kit.Nordic CountriesScandinavian looks and trends continue to be popular at bookstores, says
- Adaptation, the Amazon Problem, and Future Trends: A Bologna 2020 Panel
Silva-Díaz then drew attention to the state of independent bookstores, which, she said, “have always been very financially fragile”; they are seeing dramatically reduced sales now, and even in the cases of increased online sales, cannot compete with Amazon.
- PW Readers Pick Their Industry MVPs
Readers look for her recommendations in the local papers—a rarity in the local media landscape in 2019.
- Canadian Publishing in 2018
For many publishers, U.S. sales can account for as much as 50% of sales, and for many children’s publishers, it is even more.