- Hotter than Ever, Anime Expo 2018 Attracts Big Crowds
Netflix showcased a new Ultraman animated series for 2019, based on the manga published by Viz Media, and Kengan Ashura, a mega-macho series based on the manga by Yabako Sandrovich and Daromeon about no-holds-barred grapplers who battle on behalf of corporations.
- Fast-Growing Independent Publishers, 2018
Though its initial success was fueled by selling titles in targeted mass merchandisers, its recent growth, Tigges says, “is being driven by a diversity of titles and customers, including e-commerce, independent toy and bookstores, and international markets.”
- Sesame Street Turns 50
Perry notes that any ups and downs have more to do with economic cycles, the merging of bookstore chains, and other external factors than to consumer demand, which has remained steady.
- Thai Children's Rights Fair Offers Access to the Diverse ASEAN Market
“But we are not just about publishing and sales.
- Canadian Publisher Spotlights and Highlights
“Unfortunately, while our sales around the world are up by roughly 25%, including Canada, we’re down in the U.S. by some 15%,” Caron says.
- The 'Treehouse' Series Has a Growth Spurt
Though 78-Story and 91-Story are already out in the other territories, with the spring 2019 release of 104-Story, the series will be published simultaneously in all three markets.
- The Blooming Interest in Books About Plants
“In general, the Chinese children, who tend to read more books and have better access to bookstores and libraries live in the big cities, which are growing even bigger,” Huang says.
- PW: UK-Based and UK-Related Resources
Annie Proulx, Carol Shields, Mary McGarry Morris and Sebastian Junger.Gardners Books 1 Whittle Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex UK BN23 6QH email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- An Ever-Growing Demand for Middle Grade Graphic Novels
“That’s not a sufficient amount if you have a person who likes contemporary middle grade and goes to the bookstore every month.”Readers playing catch-up might check out Chmakova’s Brave and Awkward, Shannon Hale’s Real Friends, Jennifer and Matthew Holm’s Sunny Side Up and Swing It, Sunny, or
- Moving On Up: 'Five Feet Apart'
” Lippincott said about her book’s first days on sale.
- Licensing Hotline: February 2020
“We had been thinking of licensing on and off,” said Sarah Rucker, Gibbs Smith’s director of trade sales.
- Finding Books for Teaching Social and Emotional Learning
Verde typically leads children in yoga and meditation practices during her appearances; she will be on a national tour of bookstores and schools in September to promote I Am Human.
- Bilingual Books in Spanish
., has 10 bilingual titles planned for 2019, which is roughly half of its children’s and YA lists.Lectorum Publications not only publishes bilingual books but also distributes many of the books published by its competitors.
- Serving Writers and Readers: African American Publishing
Advertising banners on our website, newsletter sponsorship, book sales at events, and social media outreach are just a few methods we use to help publishers reach our audience.
- Editors, Agents, and Authors Take the Pulse of Today’s YA
Maybe it has finally happened.Agents report sales are, if not exactly soft, then softer.