- How Christian Publishers, Retailers Are Responding to Covid-19
Matthew Paul Turner, author of When I Pray for You (WaterBrook, 2019), is holding weekly Facebook Live story times and prayer sessions.
- Meet the Publicist: Fauzia Burke
“Publishing is not exactly a B2C environment; it’s a B2B one: we sell to bookstores, and bookstores sell to consumers,” she said.
- WI16: Booksellers Plan for the Worst, Hope for the Best
The organization is also reviving its industrywide ABACUS survey of bookstore finances this April.
- Canadian Publishing 2020: Silver Linings
But I can no longer foresee a time when we close the bookstore.
- Verso, Feminist Press Turns 50
Despite the pandemic, the press said its sales are up 40% for the year to date compared to the same period in 2019, a result of a 200% increase in online sales.
- Rights Report: Week of October 8, 2018
The book features Tilly (Matilda) Pages, a girl who lives with her grandparents above their small bookstore and realizes she has the ability to "bookwander"—travel inside books.
- Change Maker: Allan Kornblum
“And after it drops out, will there be enough critical mass to sustain indie bookstores and even the chains?
- Looking Back, Moving Forward: Backlist Backbones 2021
The widespread protests that followed the police slaying of George Floyd famously sent sales of titles addressing racial injustice and related topics soaring.
- Adaptation, the Amazon Problem, and Future Trends: A Bologna 2020 Panel
Silva-Díaz then drew attention to the state of independent bookstores, which, she said, “have always been very financially fragile”; they are seeing dramatically reduced sales now, and even in the cases of increased online sales, cannot compete with Amazon.
- Widen Your Horizons: Hobby & Craft Books 2020
During what NPD BookScan considers the Covid-19 period of sales reporting, March 1–May 2, the hobbies and crafts category saw increased interest, with print unit sales up almost 16% compared with the same period in 2019.
- Global Traditions: Hobby & Craft Books 2018
Thunder Bay has several forthcoming book/kit combos, including August’s branded Animal Planet Safari Crochet; March 2019 brings amigurumi kits for dog, cat, and horse lovers, plus a My Little Pony–branded kit.Nordic CountriesScandinavian looks and trends continue to be popular at bookstores, says
- Canadian Publishing in 2018
For many publishers, U.S. sales can account for as much as 50% of sales, and for many children’s publishers, it is even more.
- PW Readers Pick Their Industry MVPs
Readers look for her recommendations in the local papers—a rarity in the local media landscape in 2019.
- Publishing in Québec 2018: Today’s Québec Writing Is Bold, Intimate, And Borderless
In 2017, sales at independent bookstores grew by 6.9%, boosted at least in part by an annual indie bookstore day that’s now in its third year and by sales at leslibraires.ca, an online bookstore that offers Québec readers an alternative to ordering from the inte
- WI14: Children's Books, Authors Create a Buzz; A New Publisher Arouses Controversy
Children’s authors and publishers were hitting above their weight at WI14: while approximately one-third of the 150 authors and illustrators in attendance were children’s authors or illustrators, ranging from picture book creators to YA authors; aside from Margaret Atwood, Erin Morgenstern, and Ocean Vuong,