- PRH Canada in 2020: PW talks with CEO Kristin Cochrane
Empire of Wild—Cherie Dimaline’s eerie, wildly entertaining, and thought-provoking novel and Indigo’s #1 Book of 2019—is out in a stunning new paperback package this September.
- Licensed Publishing in the Covid-19 Era
Russell reports that sales through the latter in March of this year were double the level in the same month of 2019.
- Stanley the Hamster Makes Board Book Debut
It’s all very familiar, and relatable, to kids.”Peachtree’s Stanley picture books have performed well in bookstores and public libraries, and have had strong sales through catalogues specializing in early childhood titles for consumers and educators.
- Memories of Fred Bass
He took a small used bookstore and turned it into legend.
- 'The People Who Make the Magic': Notes from the CBC's Annual Meeting
To illustrate that point, he shared that kids’ bicycle sales have fallen roughly 45% as compared to five years ago, presumably due to concern for child safety.
- Love in the Time of Corona: Romance Novels 2020
It’s vital to engage readers beyond book sales, says Cindy Hwang, v-p and editorial director at Berkley.
- Fall Regionals 2018: Regional Show Highlights
Children’s authors are also featured throughout the week, including the “First 180 Days Part” session for books being published in the first half of 2019, including Margaret Mincks (President of Poplar Lane, Viking), A.G.
- Fast-Growing Independent Publishers, 2017
EA is a print distribution service that offers bestselling indie authors the chance to reach more bookstores, Waxman explains.
- Children’s Books in China 2020: Looking Ahead
Add heavy discounting at bookstores and online retailers, and the situation gets tougher.
- Callaway Makes Sure You'll Remember Its Books
Sales have been good, in part due to a special promotion for independent stores.
- Lion Forge Is A New Kind of Comics Publisher
The company has a line with multiple imprints for adults and young readers for the general bookstore market.
- PW Star Watch 2018 Honorees
Jeff DeutschDirectorSeminary Co-op Bookstores, ChicagoIn 2014, after two decades in academic bookselling, Deutsch took a job at the Seminary Co-op Bookstores in Chicago.
- Children's Booksellers Celebrate Community Spirit at Final SCIBA
Moderator Lopez guided the conversation between two turbulent moments in American history, 1939 and 2019.
- Response to Covid-19: Special Offers and Discounts
Bookstores that have closed their doors or have suspended shipping, can continue to reach and service their customers as an Affiliate eStore, or augment their current sales offerings.
- Fast-Growing Independent Publishers, 2018
Though its initial success was fueled by selling titles in targeted mass merchandisers, its recent growth, Tigges says, “is being driven by a diversity of titles and customers, including e-commerce, independent toy and bookstores, and international markets.”