- Hotter than Ever, Anime Expo 2018 Attracts Big Crowds
Netflix showcased a new Ultraman animated series for 2019, based on the manga published by Viz Media, and Kengan Ashura, a mega-macho series based on the manga by Yabako Sandrovich and Daromeon about no-holds-barred grapplers who battle on behalf of corporations.
- Sabaa Tahir on Wrapping Up Her 'Ember in the Ashes' Series
Sales have mirrored the acclaim: there are 1.2 million copies of the books in print in North America alone.
- Sesame Street Turns 50
Perry notes that any ups and downs have more to do with economic cycles, the merging of bookstore chains, and other external factors than to consumer demand, which has remained steady.
- Thai Children's Rights Fair Offers Access to the Diverse ASEAN Market
“But we are not just about publishing and sales.
- Canadian Publisher Spotlights and Highlights
“Unfortunately, while our sales around the world are up by roughly 25%, including Canada, we’re down in the U.S. by some 15%,” Caron says.
- The 'Treehouse' Series Has a Growth Spurt
Though 78-Story and 91-Story are already out in the other territories, with the spring 2019 release of 104-Story, the series will be published simultaneously in all three markets.
- The Blooming Interest in Books About Plants
“In general, the Chinese children, who tend to read more books and have better access to bookstores and libraries live in the big cities, which are growing even bigger,” Huang says.
- Frankfurt 2020: A Virtual Experiment
This year is an experiment,” says Frankfurt Book Fair director Juergen Boos of the reimagined event, which will take place October 12–18.
- PW: UK-Based and UK-Related Resources
Annie Proulx, Carol Shields, Mary McGarry Morris and Sebastian Junger.Gardners Books 1 Whittle Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex UK BN23 6QH email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'Unscheduled, Delightful Conversations': Industry Shares Memories of BookExpo
When she was moved up to president, I had the sinking feeling that my job at the bookstore was going to be a lot more demanding.
- An Ever-Growing Demand for Middle Grade Graphic Novels
“That’s not a sufficient amount if you have a person who likes contemporary middle grade and goes to the bookstore every month.”Readers playing catch-up might check out Chmakova’s Brave and Awkward, Shannon Hale’s Real Friends, Jennifer and Matthew Holm’s Sunny Side Up and Swing It, Sunny, or
- Children's Publishers Choose Their Favorite Reads of 2020
It was a staff pick recommendation from my local bookstore, Astoria Bookshop.
- Moving On Up: 'Five Feet Apart'
” Lippincott said about her book’s first days on sale.
- Licensing Hotline: February 2020
“We had been thinking of licensing on and off,” said Sarah Rucker, Gibbs Smith’s director of trade sales.
- Spring 2021 Announcements: Audio
Helped by big gains in downloadable audio sales, overall sales of audiobooks posted eight consecutive years of double-digit increases through 2019, according to the Audio Publishers Association’s annual sales survey (conducted by independent research firm InterQ).