- German Sales Drop 14% in the First Half of 2020
In 2019, the German book market saw €9.29 billion in total sales, which was up 1.7% over 2018.
- Indie Bookstores Begin Temporary Closures
The store had healthy sales in 2019 and can withstand some financial interruption, but, “it depends on how long we all need to stay out of our regular lives,” said Gillman.Like Square Books, Greenlight Bookstore in Brooklyn remained open, and sales were strong over the we
- Books Are the Stars at BookExpo 2019
Despite a number of distractions—heavy downpours that made getting to evening events difficult, the size of the exhibit floor, pending tariffs on books imported from China, and Baker & Taylor’s exit from the retailing wholesale market—the 2019 edition of BookExpo settled down to talk about books due
- Porter Square Books: PW's 2020 Bookstore of the Year
Sales at the store have increased year over year since the pair purchased it and were up 4.5% in 2019.
- Fast-Growing Independent Publishers, 2019
Among the drivers will be the publisher’s children’s picture book list, which will have 19 titles this year.Kiester also expects the YA list to hit its stride in 2019, after earning critical praise but slow sales in its first year.
- Scholastic Offers Indie Bookstores Special Terms
Backlist orders placed directly with Scholastic between June 1, 2019 and August 30, 2019 will receive express, two-day shipping for the summer.2) The publisher is extending its backlist stock offer to July 31, 2019.
- Digital Sales Buoy Simon & Schuster
Driven by a 16% increase in digital sales, revenue at Simon & Schuster rose 4% in the first quarter ended March 31, 2020, over the comparable period in 2019, parent company ViacomCBS reported.
- Indie Bookstore Count Grew in the U.K. Last Year
(Godfray hints at 2019 upturn) The BA figures are the second piece of positive book trade news in the U.K. 2019, following Nielsen's report that print book sales had risen for the fourth year in a row (Print book sales up again in 2018).
- Italy Reports Huge Decline in Book Sales
In 2019, Italian publishers sold some 3.2 billion euros worth of books.
- Sales, Earnings Down at HC in Fiscal 2020
Revenue fell 5%, to $1.67 billion, compared to fiscal 2019.HC parent company News Corp attributed the fourth quarter revenue decline primarily to “lower retail sales of foreign language titles and in Christian publishing due to store closures caused by COVID-19, partially offset by the
- In Brief: November 26, 2019
., the first U.S. outpost of Canada’s largest bookstore chain.
- Regional Show Highlights 2019
In addition, Resource Roundtables offer booksellers a chance to meet one another and discuss running a micro store or an off-season store, as well as increasing sales on the web.
- The Week in Libraries: May 3, 2019
s famed Politics & Prose bookstore.
- London Book Fair 2019: A New Regime in Mexico
Ahead of the 2019 London Book Fair, Carlo Carrenho caught up with Fernando Esteves, Managing Director of Ediciones SM in Mexico, to talk about the state of the Mexican book business.How do you see the Mexican economy in 2019?
- Long-Term Relationships: Backlist Backbones 2019
Every bookstore knows The New Jim Crow.