- BookExpo 2019: Third Time’s The Charm?
Each of the vendors, representing a wide variety of merchandise, has been vetted for appropriateness for bookstores, she says.
- Independent Bookstore Day Gets Even Bigger
In Massachusetts, 20 stores are participating in the Cape Cod & Islands Bookstore Trail, which launches on Saturday and encourages customers to visit stores all throughout 2019.In some instances, an entire state is participating.
- PW Star Watch 2019 Honorees
From there she moved up to New York, where she managed the Word bookstores.
- Cover to Cover Mixes Window Displays, Technology, for Sales
There has been a 300% increase over last month in sales of a backlist title, Sticks and Stones: A Kid’s Guide to Building and Exploring in the Great Outdoors by Melissa Lennig (Quarry Books, 2019).
- Romance Book Club Drives Avon Impulse Sales
The 2018 study (released in March 2019) bemoaned the lack of change in the overall diversity in the romance publishing industry.
- S&S Has Gains in Sales, Earnings in Q3
With sales of both print and digital books rising in the third quarter, revenue at Simon & Schuster increased 28.5% over the quarter ended September 30, 2019, and profits were up 5.5%.
- 2019 YA-hoo Fest in Photos
Onsite book sales were offered by YA-hoo Fest partner Star Line Books, Chattanooga’s only independent bookstore.
- Quarto Bottomline Improves Despite Sales Dip
Quarto cited a strong performance from its Quarry and Fair Winds Press imprints and said growth at specialty retailer accounts largely offset a decline in sales in the bookstore channel in some of the publisher’s biggest categories.
- Sales at HMH Took Big Hit in Q2
Costs cuts, however, limited the net loss to $38.2 million, less than the $40.6 million in the second quarter of 2019.In HMH’s Book & Media division, sales fell 10.1% in the quarter, to $35.2 million.
- 2019 SIBA Is Sweet for Children's Booksellers
Emily Hutton, associate director of field sales for Simon & Schuster, was suitably impressed.
- Holiday Book Sales: So Far, So Good
According to NPD BookScan, print unit sales were up 7% for the year through the week ended November 14 over the comparable period in 2019.
- London Book Fair 2019: A ‘Complex’ Moment For Argentinean Publishers
Concerning physical retail, the independent bookstores—and also the chains—were the ones who most suffered with the recent sales drop.
- Sharjah 2019: Facing the Challenges of Globalization and Translation
To wit, Robertson is opening a six-month pop-up bookstore in the U.A.E. next week.
- First Half Sales Slipped 1.4% at PRH
“The coronavirus pandemic had a negative impact on the company’s businesses due to the extensive closures of local bookstores,” Bertelsmann reported.
- PW Star Watch 2019 Finalists
BakerProduction editorTeachers College Press, New York CityIn a pay-it-forward gesture, one of last year’s honorees, Veronica Santiago Liu, founder of Word Up bookstore, nominated Baker, whom she calls an “extraordinary literary citizen.”