- London Book Fair 2019: In Brazil, Publishers Facing Historic Challenge
My expectation for 2019 is a decline of about 10% in total sales, as a result of less novelty sales, and fewer bookstores.There is a new government in Brazil, as Jair Bolsonaro took office last January.
- The Week in Libraries: April 26, 2019
And though critics like Bogost focus on the "government for sale" angle, my experience speaks to another criticism increasingly leveled at government these days: basic fairness.
- Guadalajara 2019: Introducing India — the Guest of Honor!
Many books will also be for sale, at the specially created Bookstore to be located in India Pavilion including several titles specifically translated into Spanish for the event.
- SIBA 2019: Spartanburg Hosts High Energy Show
Now this comes along and it looks like it could take sales away from us and we’ll suffer.”
- Mountains & Plains 2019: A Celebration of Community in a Safe Space
As for M&P, it announced during the show that it is overhauling its 30-year-old Reading the West Book Awards program in order to drive sales to its member bookstores during the spring and summer months.
- Canadian Book Sales Recover from Covid-19 Dip
"A lot of sales are online now and the sales that are happening at bookstores are now manual and more resource intensive.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2019: What's the Story with Storytel?
For example, bricks-and-mortar bookstores, supermarkets, and online retailers reported that print book sales fell 7.6% in terms of units and 5.2% in terms of revenues.
- Inside Indie Bookstores: Selling Middle Grade Books
With strong sales and devoted readership, series are in many ways the backbone of all physical bookstore retailers.
- BookExpo 2019: UnBound Is a ‘Show Within a Show’
Indie bookstores outside New England have begun stocking the chocolate, too.
- BookExpo 2019: Ingram Hosts Scavenger Hunt—and Promotions
This year Ingram (booth 902) is changing things up with an I-spy-style scavenger hunt in a booth extension that has been set up to resemble the interior of an independent bookstore.
- Bookselling Tips from Children’s Institute 2019
Tell your sales rep.
- PubWest 2019: Tips from Children's Publishers
It generates a lot of good book sales.”
- Spring 2019 Children’s Sneak Previews
ABRAMSAbrams unwraps its spring list with Mummies Exposed!
- Book Deals: Week of January 14, 2019
Jenner, who was born in England and raised in Canada, is the owner of Archetype Books, an indie bookstore in Ontario.Rutenberg Book to GodoffIn a North American rights sale, Ann Godoff at Penguin Press bought a currently untitled book by Jim Rutenberg about the forces behind the public
- NPD, ComicHub Bring Graphic Novel Sales Data to BookScan
The agreement was announced at the ComicsPro Breakfast panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2019.While independent and chain bookstores use POS systems to collect sales data, direct market comics shops—about 2,000 stores that buy stock nonreturnable at wholesale from Diamond Comics Distributors—generally do