- Fall 2012 Sneak Previews
by Catherine Stier, illus. by David Leonard, which offers information about voting; A Boxcar Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Meadow Farm by Patricia MacLachlan, a tribute to the classic novel by Gertrude Chandler Warner; The Year Comes Round: Haiku Through the
- Spring 2012 Children's Listings: Publishers M-Q
MACKINAC ISLAND PRESS (Charlesbridge, dist.)
- Buzz Books at Winter Institute
Opening sentence: “Zach and I are at Brooks Brothers in the sodden, sullen aftermath of Christmas.”
- On-Sale Calendar: Week of December 19, 2011
Adult December 19 American Egyptologist: The Life of James Henry Breasted and the Creation of His Oriental Institute by Jeffrey Abt (Univ. of Chicago; $45; ISBN 9780226001104).
- Betsy Mitchell to Leave Del Rey
Before joining Del Rey, Mitchell held top editorial spots at Bantam Spectra, Baen Books, and Warner Aspect.
- Frankfurt 2011 Briefcase: What the American Agents Are Selling
Greenburger SJGA is coming to Germany with a new one from Brad Thor, Full Black (Atria, July 2011), which continues the author’s Scot Harvath series (he’s a former Navy SEAL who’s now in the Secret Service) and was recently optioned by Warner Bros.; the agency says WB is loo
- Fall 2011 Children's Announcements: M-Q
by Laura Hulbert, illus. by Erik Brooks (Aug., $16.99; ISBN 978-0-8050-8907-3) takes a look at various feet.
- Fall 2011 Children's Announcements: D-F
DAWN PUBLICATIONS Gobble, Gobble by Cathryn Falwell (Sept., $16.95; ISBN 978-1-58469-148-8; paper; $8.95; ISBN 978-1-58469-149-5).
- A List of Remaining Borders Stores
Virginia Street Reno NV 89502 25,000 299 BSS Warner Marketplace 6510 Canoga Avenue Canoga Park CA 91303 25,137 300 BSS Winter Park Center 600 N.
- The On-Sale Calendar: September 2011
SEPTEMBER 2011 September 1 The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta (St.
- Booths by Numbers
Booths by Numbers As a kind of analog GPS system—and in response to reader requests—we offer a master list of BEA exhibitors, Meeting Room locations, and Rights Center tables, organized numerically by booth, room, and table number.
- A Peek at the March 28 'PW'
There’s a feature on spring and summer sports books and a Q&A with Albert Brooks, author of 2030.
- Franchises Flying High: Children's Books: Facts & Figures 2010
Click over to the rest of our 2011 Facts & Figures coverage: | | If you want to sell in the mega-numbers, write or publish a series.
- E-books Rock: Facts & Figures 2011
- The Winning Game: 2010 Hardcovers: Facts & Figures 2011
\tClick over to the rest of our Facts & Figures 2011 Coverage \t | | \t \tWhat's new in the hardcover fiction bestsellers of 2010?